Memory Maps .mmo files

Old February 10th 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Botty

Default Memory Maps .mmo files

I'm trying to get a source of some .mmo files for my new Memory Maps
maps, ie overlays with GPS/map route info, Preferably in the Hamshire/
Sussex/Dorset region. any advice on sources welcome. Anquet overlays
also welcome.

Thanks

Botty
Old February 13th 08, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Terry Pinnell

Botty wrote:

I'm trying to get a source of some .mmo files for my new Memory Maps
maps, ie overlays with GPS/map route info, Preferably in the Hamshire/
Sussex/Dorset region. any advice on sources welcome. Anquet overlays
also welcome.

Thanks

Botty

I guess by Sussex you mean the westerly parts of West Sussex. I live
in the NE corner, so that's not in my usual territory. But my Finished
Walks binder does include 6 short walks I did with a friend from
Hampshire, when we met at some mid-way pub. Not sure if that's the
sort of stuff you want, but FWIW I've converted them to MMO files and
zipped them into Botty-6SussexWalks.zip (107 KB) at
http://www.speedyshare.com/455973697.html
The list includes:

Rowhook, circular pub-based (Chequers Inn), duration 2:33, 5.9 miles,
2.3 mph

Offham, circular pub-based (Black Rabbit Inn), duration 3:021, 7.4
miles, 2.4 mph

Ashurst, circular pub-based, duration 2:51, 6.2 miles, 2.2 mph

Storrington, circular pub-based (Crown Inn), duration 2:46, 6.6 miles,
2.4 mph

Arundel Park/Offham, circular pub-based (Black Rabbit Inn), duration
2:47, 5.7 miles, 2.1 mph

Nuthurst, circular pub-based, duration 1:41, 4.3 miles, 2.6 mph

Have you tried Walking World?
http://www.walkingworld.com/home/index.asp
Your Mem-Map should have (or entitle you to download) the full index
of some 2,500 walking routes, including a fair number in the counties
you mention. If you can't find the 1.5 MB MMO index, email me.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old February 21st 08, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Terry Pinnell

Terry Pinnell wrote:

".... any advice on sources welcome. Anquet overlays also welcome."

And any subsequent response from you also welcome...

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

====================

Old February 22nd 08, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Botty

Botty wrote:

[...]

you mention. If you can't find the 1.5 MB MMO index, email me.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Terry,

Real trouble getting hold of you, sent two emails and tried to make
contact through the thread.

Here's a copy of the email:

Hi Terry,

I'm afraid I've had some trouble getting back to you. I emailed back
to you on the day you kindly sent the files using 'Reply to Author' on
the thread. After seeing your message this morning, obviously
indicating that you hadn't received that message, I added what I
thought would be a thread expressing my thanks again, using 'Reply'. I
don't know if this will come up on the thread next time something is
published, but I couldn't see it tonight, so I googled you to try to
get your email address, I hope you don't mind me emailing to this
address?

Anyway, let's hope you receive this grateful email successfully.

Many thanks indeed for taking the trouble to put together the .mmo
files for someone you've never met, it was terribly kind of you, and
I'm particularly sorry that it appeared to you that I hadn't had the
decency to respond. I'm glad you put up the second message this
morning, as I'd have otherwise thought my first email had got through,
and am pleased to have another chance to thank you. I just hope there
aren't too many Terry Pinnell's living in East Grinstead!

Unfortunately I couldn't get the Speedyshare address to work, it
seemed to only want to upload files, maybe I'm just being incompetent
- my attempts to contact you certainly bear that out. I don't know if
you could email the file as an attachment - a lot to ask as you must
have gained the impression that I am an ungrateful so and so.

I've now collected about fifty walks from a few different sources,
some I created myself, some from the Walking World site you mentioned,
and a number from a website I found with walks in the New Forest. Most
are Hampshire and Dorset, but some in the West Country too. If you'd
like these I can email them all to you. I only have one in Sussex,
Seven Sisters, which I'll attach to this email.

Apologies again for my apparent rudeness.

Neil Botten
Old February 24th 08, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Terry Pinnell

Botty wrote:

Botty wrote:

[...]

Thanks Neil. Not sure what happened to your earlier reply here, or to
your email attempt. Latter could be due to my over-zealous spam
filter, MailWasher, although I've been watching out for a reply.
Anyway, all's well!

It's probably always a good idea to respond simultaneously in the
group or forum when emailing. Due largely to my own laxness and
unwillingness to change my long-standing email address I typically get
200-400 spams per day. I filter the great bulk of them, but
unfortunately the occasional baby goes down with the bath water ;-)

I'm assuming you didn't see my reply until after the Speedyshare one
week time limit expired. ("This file has been deleted for the
following reason: too old. read more...") Despite its other
attractions (easy-to-use, handles all file types up to 30 MB free),
that restriction is a downside.

I've now uploaded the file he
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ussexWalks.zip
Space is tight there, so I'll need to delete it after I know you
safely have it.

I've emailed you a copy of this post too (without the file attached
for now, to minimise the risk of its getting blocked).

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old February 24th 08, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Botty

On 24 Feb, 08:05, Terry Pinnell
wrote:
Botty wrote:

Botty wrote:

[...]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK- Hide quoted text -

Terry,

Thanks for the email, and the files, all received safely, so you can
delete them now.

Thanks for your patience, understanding and extra work.

Happy walking

Neil
Old February 24th 08, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Terry Pinnell

Botty wrote:

Terry,

Thanks for the email, and the files, all received safely, so you can
delete them now.

Thanks for your patience, understanding and extra work.

Happy walking

Thanks Neil, you too. Let me know if you want any more, typically
longer walks in the eastern part of West Sussex.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Memory Map - v4 maps in v5? [email protected] Walking in the UK 2 December 21st 05 01:36 PM
*.arf files Ianto Thomas Walking in the UK 1 November 27th 04 07:01 AM
Polar HRM files needed Rene Running 1 September 15th 04 09:24 AM
GPSU and Anquet AEF files Alan Murphy Walking in the UK 0 June 7th 04 02:33 PM
The Rob Schuh Files Bert Weights 2 April 7th 04 12:57 AM