police

Old February 18th 08, 04:47 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
a425couple

Default police

"Prisoner at War" wrote
On Feb 15, 1:51 pm, "a425couple" wrote:
"Prisoner at War" wrote
Certainly some truth in that.

Check out

Some interesting points.
I'll try to give a worthwhile answer sometime later.

Old February 19th 08, 06:18 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Agent_C

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:05:48 -0800 (PST), Prisoner at War
wrote:

All cops are assholes. They're basically dumb lawyers, let's say.

You may feel differently when you're in need of their help!

A_C
Old February 19th 08, 07:23 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Omelet[_4_]

wrote:

All cops are assholes. They're basically dumb lawyers, let's say.

You may feel differently when you're in need of their help!

A_C

Goes for both examples, actually!

Everybody hates Lawyers until they need one, then they need to get the
meanest and best one they can afford.
--
Peace, Om
Remove underscore to validate gmails.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain
Old February 19th 08, 11:19 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Agent_C

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:23:53 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

Everybody hates Lawyers until they need one, then they need to get the
meanest and best one they can afford.

Lawyers are like witches; there's good ones and bad ones.

The good ones are dedicated to upholding the law and see it as an
essential element of our democracy. They respect the rights of the
individual and have a unshakable sense of ethics.

The bad ones are only in it for the money and are more often than not,
morally bankrupt individuals. They would sell their own mothers for a
few pieces of sliver. Unfortunately, the bad ones vastly outnumber the
good ones at the present time in this country.

That's why I think most lawyers would do a great service to humanity
by going somewhere and killing themselves.

A_C
Old February 20th 08, 03:32 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Omelet[_4_]

In article ,
"Zen Cohen" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

wrote:

All cops are assholes. They're basically dumb lawyers, let's say.

You may feel differently when you're in need of their help!

A_C

Goes for both examples, actually!

Everybody hates Lawyers until they need one,

Interesting when a hardcore anti-lawyer gets ****ed over and needs help in
the legal system. They are usually quite humbled.

then they need to get the
meanest and best one they can afford.

And the meanest lawyers are often the worst kind someone can hire. There are
effective mean lawyers who are well versed in the law, and know when to turn
off the meanness and turn on the charm. But there are bombastic asshole
lawyers who just **** everybody off, including judges and juries. They (try
to) use intimidation as a substitute for competence and AFAIC they're a
dying breed.

Ok, maybe I should have said "ruthless"?

Old February 20th 08, 03:33 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Omelet[_4_]

wrote:

Everybody hates Lawyers until they need one, then they need to get the
meanest and best one they can afford.

Lawyers are like witches; there's good ones and bad ones.

The good ones are dedicated to upholding the law and see it as an
essential element of our democracy. They respect the rights of the
individual and have a unshakable sense of ethics.

The bad ones are only in it for the money and are more often than not,
morally bankrupt individuals. They would sell their own mothers for a
few pieces of sliver. Unfortunately, the bad ones vastly outnumber the
good ones at the present time in this country.

That's why I think most lawyers would do a great service to humanity
by going somewhere and killing themselves.

A_C

What gets me is just how many of them there are...

and how busy pretty much all of them are!

Old February 20th 08, 04:10 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Phil[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:19:37 -0500, Agent_C
wrote:

Lawyers are like witches; there's good ones and bad ones.

This saying can be applied to, pretty much, every occupation and group
of people.

Phil
Old February 20th 08, 05:01 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Agent_C

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:10:51 -0500, Phil wrote:

Lawyers are like witches; there's good ones and bad ones.

This saying can be applied to, pretty much, every occupation and group
of people.

No other occupation has the power and influence on society as the
legal profession does. It comes with additional responsibility.

A_C
Old February 20th 08, 12:38 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Phil[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:01:00 -0500, Agent_C
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:10:51 -0500, Phil wrote:

Lawyers are like witches; there's good ones and bad ones.

This saying can be applied to, pretty much, every occupation and group
of people.

No other occupation has the power and influence on society as the
legal profession does. It comes with additional responsibility.

I don't know about that. Politicians make the rules that we must
follow.

And then there's Hollywood....

Phil
Old February 20th 08, 01:15 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.law-enforcement,nyc.general,nyc.transit
Agent_C

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 06:38:52 -0500, Phil wrote:

I don't know about that. Politicians make the rules that we must
follow.

And most politicians are... ???

Police State? Nomad Walking in the UK 21 November 1st 04 08:28 AM
The Bowflex Police Keith Hobman Weights 69 December 7th 03 09:47 PM
Police are on their way Gladiatorsport Bugs Triathalon 2 November 20th 03 02:00 AM