Suspended Split - Photos

Old February 22nd 08, 08:22 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides

Default Suspended Split - Photos

A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures up
there.

Enjoy!

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old February 22nd 08, 11:22 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Tom Anderson

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Steve Freides wrote:

A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures up
there.

That's great, Steve.

Now, do it again with a goddamn shirt on.

So you're one of those who hang toilet roll with the loose end *behind*
the roll, eh? I'll never understand people like you.

tom

--
I think it would be a good idea -- Mohandas Gandhi, on Western
civilisation
Old February 23rd 08, 01:27 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Steve Freides wrote:

A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it
involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures
up
there.

That's great, Steve.

Now, do it again with a goddamn shirt on.

They wanted PR pictures for an upcoming flexibility workshop I'm doing
(details on my site), and they seem to think they're better this way.

So you're one of those who hang toilet roll with the loose end
*behind* the roll, eh? I'll never understand people like you.

Explain how you got _that_ from the split pictures - you're right, BTW.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

tom

Old February 23rd 08, 02:18 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Burr

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures up
there.

Enjoy!

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Lot of flex Steve and you're lead (wish I was).
Your like me, you need more book cases.

What do you bench?
I'm old, 150# 15-10-5 and the last five kill me.

Burr

Old February 23rd 08, 04:26 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jim Janney

"Steve Freides" writes:

A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures up
there.

Showoff :-)

Seriously, I'm impressed. I've been working towards splits for a
couple of years now, and I'm still not there. I can get to within
five or six inches of the floor, and that's as far as it goes.

--
Jim Janney
Old February 23rd 08, 04:51 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides

"Jim Janney" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it
involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures
up
there.

Showoff :-)

Seriously, I'm impressed. I've been working towards splits for a
couple of years now, and I'm still not there. I can get to within
five or six inches of the floor, and that's as far as it goes.

You might find this recent posting of mine on the DD forum of interest.

http://forum.dragondoor.com/training...360/?kbid=1022

FWIW, I've been able to do a pretty decent split for a few years now but
never tried a suspended one until a week or two ago. It's a little
different, but not a lot different, than doing them on the floor. I'm
going to try to do them at least semi-regularly, as they're a good party
trick.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

--
Jim Janney

Old February 23rd 08, 02:26 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Twisted Sister

"Steve Freides" http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

Just like Jean Claude Van Damme. Now if you could set up a KUMITE DEATH
MATCH TOURNAMENT with all of the old farts on this forum, it would be like a
wonderful blessing from Heaven!!

Old February 23rd 08, 09:35 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Paul Cassel

Steve Freides wrote:
A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it involves
strength besides the obvious flexibility.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm

Looks both tough and scary. Good going.

-paul
Old February 24th 08, 04:04 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides

[...]

Never mind. My wife does it the other way; depends on who gets there
first.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old February 24th 08, 03:35 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt

On Feb 22, 7:27 pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Steve Freides wrote:

A parlor trick, I'm sure some of you will say, but trust me, it
involves strength besides the obvious flexibility.

No doubt.

http://www.kbnj.com/SuspendedSplits.htm
This is just a page of links to the actual photos - I put 4 pictures
up there.

That's great, Steve.

That is pretty great. Neat demo of strength and flexibility.

Now, do it again with a goddamn shirt on.

They wanted PR pictures for an upcoming flexibility workshop I'm doing
(details on my site), and they seem to think they're better this way.

Who are "they"?

They: "Well, it's a flexibility and strength demonstration and so...
hey, baby, take your shirt off!"

So you're one of those who hang toilet roll with the loose end
*behind* the roll, eh? I'll never understand people like you.

Explain how you got _that_ from the split pictures

Duh, Freides. YOU LEFT THE DOOR TO THE FRIGGING BATHROOM OPEN!!!

"Explain how you got _that_ from the split picture..."

Got eyeballs, Freides? Yer toilet roll is on display in each pic. And
izzat a sock on the floor?

PLUS, I really wish you'd worn your "Supah Fly" eyeglasses. Over by
the laptop if you're wondering how I deduced you have 1970's frames
from the split picture.

And, really, how many of those pens work and how many are just
collecting dust?

- you're right, BTW.

Anyway, you'll be the last to die if there's one of those earthquakes
where the floor splits open between your legs. Everyone else will fall
in the crack but you'll snarkily be able to simple split your legs
while suspending yourself over the crack. Well done!

All jokes aside, impressive.

Report:Michael Vick to be suspended for entire 2007 season greg3347 Weights 7 August 14th 07 11:38 PM
4-SPlit BB Weights 11 November 27th 06 02:59 PM
Chin-up bar suspended with chain? Jon Danniken Weights 24 February 22nd 06 11:22 PM
CKD split Partho Bhowmick Weights 0 December 24th 03 01:42 AM
2 day split error JG Weights 4 October 8th 03 02:39 PM