Stromata deadlift thread

Old February 24th 08, 08:45 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Christianiron.com

Default Stromata deadlift thread

Stromata,
You only compete with yourself, and if that's the weight you are
comfortable with, thats OK. I think what some others were saying was
that this is an exercise involving the strongest parts of the body,
our legs and back, as opposed to a curl which basically isolates the
biceps. Relatively speaking, if you can curl 50 pounds, you should be
able to deadlift considerably more, that's all. I don't think anyone
was trying to offend (for the most part at least, there's always
somebody that feels the need to be nasty, unfortunately)
But as was also said, you have to start somewhere and the important
thing is that you make progress, whatever that means to you
personally.
Old February 24th 08, 09:20 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Stromata

Christianiron.com wrote:
Stromata,
You only compete with yourself, and if that's the weight you are
comfortable with, thats OK. I think what some others were saying was
that this is an exercise involving the strongest parts of the body,
our legs and back, as opposed to a curl which basically isolates the
biceps. Relatively speaking, if you can curl 50 pounds, you should be
able to deadlift considerably more, that's all. I don't think anyone
was trying to offend (for the most part at least, there's always
somebody that feels the need to be nasty, unfortunately)
But as was also said, you have to start somewhere and the important
thing is that you make progress, whatever that means to you
personally.

Thanks. It's just that nobody knows my body like I do, and I know that 50lbs
is my limit for the moment. I was wary of the deadlift to begin with. It's
not really an essential exercise to do if you're not looking to bulk
anyways. I more into fat-loss, but I'll keep doing this once a week.

Thread of the week... Dan Stumpus Running 2 September 14th 06 12:30 PM
That shoulder thread User Weights 2 June 1st 04 02:54 PM
That "That 'women are different' thread" thread Joe Laughlin Weights 81 May 12th 04 09:14 PM
which is "easier": Snatch grip deadlift or normal Deadlift Darryl Licke Weights 17 February 24th 04 04:19 PM
I posted this in another thread but... John Hanson Weights 5 February 14th 04 10:13 PM