My chest is not growing

Old July 30th 04, 05:28 AM
User

Default My chest is not growing

At all. I'm starting to get frustrated and de-motivated. This sucks.

Routine (all one set of warmups, one set of 75% max weight, and two sets of
90% max weight):

Mon/Thur
----------
- 45 degree incline dumbell fly's
- 30 degree incline barbell bench
- Whatever its called when I stand erect with a spread overhand grip on a
barbell hanging at my hips and raise it straight up to my chin
- Bent over barbell rows

Tues/Fri
---------
- Stand erect with dumbells, raise straight out to sides, lower, raise
straight out in front of me, lower, repeat
- Lay on stomach on bench with dumbells and raise straight out to sides
- Barbell military press in front of shoulders
- Squats
- DLs

Wed/Sat/Sun
--------------
Run (sometimes), rest, and miss doing squats and DLs.

I'm eating like a mad SOB and gaining quite a gut. Protein is 1.2-1.5x
BW/day. I've changed up my routine twice. Two things I can say for sure is
that I'm not drinking enough water and I'm not getting enough rest. How big
of an effect can this have? I am growing in strength but not size. I don't
want to be hyooge but I would like to see some visual progress for my
efforts.

Thanks.

Old July 30th 04, 09:47 AM
Spammers_Should_Be_Shot

"User" wrote in message
At all. I'm starting to get frustrated and de-motivated. This sucks.

Routine (all one set of warmups, one set of 75% max weight, and two sets

of
90% max weight):

Mon/Thur
----------
- 45 degree incline dumbell fly's
- 30 degree incline barbell bench
- Whatever its called when I stand erect with a spread overhand grip on a
barbell hanging at my hips and raise it straight up to my chin

Upright Row - A deltoid exercise (not chest)
- Bent over barbell rows

A back exercise

Tues/Fri
---------
- Stand erect with dumbells, raise straight out to sides, lower, raise
straight out in front of me, lower, repeat

Front Raise - A deltoid exercise
Lateral Raise - A deltoid exercise

- Lay on stomach on bench with dumbells and raise straight out to sides

Lying Rear Lateral Raise - A deltoid exercise

- Barbell military press in front of shoulders

A deltoid exercise

- Squats
- DLs

Wed/Sat/Sun
--------------
Run (sometimes), rest, and miss doing squats and DLs.

I'm eating like a mad SOB and gaining quite a gut. Protein is 1.2-1.5x
BW/day. I've changed up my routine twice. Two things I can say for sure

is
that I'm not drinking enough water and I'm not getting enough rest. How

big
of an effect can this have? I am growing in strength but not size. I

don't
want to be hyooge but I would like to see some visual progress for my
efforts.

Thanks.

So, your chest exercises boil down to:
45 degree incline dumbbell fly's
30 degree incline barbell bench

But yet your delt exercises a
Upright Row
Front Raise
Lateral Raise
Lying Rear Lateral Raise
Barbell military press

Your delts must be HOOYGE DUDE!!!

Old July 30th 04, 03:58 PM
bolt thrower

: So, your chest exercises boil down to:
: 45 degree incline dumbbell fly's
: 30 degree incline barbell bench

I guess so, yes.

: But yet your delt exercises a
: Upright Row
: Front Raise
: Lateral Raise
: Lying Rear Lateral Raise
: Barbell military press

: Your delts must be HOOYGE DUDE!!!

No. They're not huge. According to exrx.net those exercises are working
my shoulders and upper back. Should I be doing more chest exercises?

Old July 30th 04, 04:20 PM
Karl Groves

"User" wrote in message
At all. I'm starting to get frustrated and de-motivated. This sucks.

Routine (all one set of warmups, one set of 75% max weight, and two sets

of
90% max weight):

Mon/Thur
----------
- 45 degree incline dumbell fly's
- 30 degree incline barbell bench
- Whatever its called when I stand erect with a spread overhand grip on a
barbell hanging at my hips and raise it straight up to my chin
- Bent over barbell rows

Do you wear a skirt when you work out?
Think maybe the fact that you're doing fruity **** like flyes is the reason
why growth is slow?
Lemme guess - you think that doing inclines, declines, close-grip and all
that other bull**** is gonna "work different areas"?
Lay your ass on a flat bench, pile the ****ing weight on and do some good
old fashioned barbell bench press.
WITHOUT gloves. WITHOUT wrist wraps. WITHOUT a belt. Grab the bar and PUSH
THE WEIGHT.

-Karl Core (that's right. I'm back, mother****ers)

Old July 30th 04, 09:13 PM
codegeek

bolt thrower wrote in message ...
: So, your chest exercises boil down to:
: 45 degree incline dumbbell fly's
: 30 degree incline barbell bench

I guess so, yes.

: But yet your delt exercises a
: Upright Row
: Front Raise
: Lateral Raise
: Lying Rear Lateral Raise
: Barbell military press

: Your delts must be HOOYGE DUDE!!!

No. They're not huge. According to exrx.net those exercises are working
my shoulders and upper back. Should I be doing more chest exercises?

In short...yes.

First of all...flys are fine, but not as important as bench press.
You can build a great chest without flys. You'll find it difficult to
build a great chest without bench press.

Add in some flat bench press to your routine. Flat bench should be
the staple of any chest workout.

And as far as not experiencing any growth...what's your diet like?
You can't grow without fuel.
Old July 30th 04, 10:10 PM
billydee

bolt thrower wrote in message ...
: So, your chest exercises boil down to:
: 45 degree incline dumbbell fly's
: 30 degree incline barbell bench

I guess so, yes.

: But yet your delt exercises a
: Upright Row
: Front Raise
: Lateral Raise
: Lying Rear Lateral Raise
: Barbell military press

: Your delts must be HOOYGE DUDE!!!

No. They're not huge. According to exrx.net those exercises are working
my shoulders and upper back. Should I be doing more chest exercises?

Just do preacher curls and flat bench in the Sm*th machine with loads
of weight. Many, many sets. Form not as important as getting those
reps in. That's what most of the guys in my gym doing anyway. Must be
the right thing to do, you think?
Old July 31st 04, 06:15 AM
Larry Hodges

bolt thrower wrote:
So, your chest exercises boil down to:
45 degree incline dumbbell fly's
30 degree incline barbell bench

I guess so, yes.

But yet your delt exercises a
Upright Row
Front Raise
Lateral Raise
Lying Rear Lateral Raise
Barbell military press

Your delts must be HOOYGE DUDE!!!

No. They're not huge. According to exrx.net those exercises are
working my shoulders and upper back. Should I be doing more chest
exercises?

You can't go by exrx.net for targeted muscles. The targeted muscle changes
based on what you search on.
--
-Larry

Chest wax Smns65 Weights 12 June 21st 04 03:14 PM
DC Training (long) T-REx Weights 24 November 15th 03 02:19 AM
Best chest exercise - not seeeing any gains Blade Weights 9 September 16th 03 10:03 PM
No Lower Chest Progress A. Snow Weights 6 September 4th 03 07:18 PM
Chest without Triceps? Topspin Weights 8 July 17th 03 07:24 PM