new to triathlons

Old February 25th 04, 03:10 AM
Donna

Default new to triathlons

I am a beginner in the world of tri's and would like some advice from some veterans as to where I can find some good training references and guides.
Old February 25th 04, 03:59 AM
John Hardt

Two good, basic books: "Triathlon 101" and "Training Plans for Multisport
Athletes". Once you know your capabilities a little better, you'll want Joe
Friel's Triathlete's Training Bible.

A good online resource: www.trinewbies.com

Oh, and be a good tri-citizen, please learn the rules (especially as they
relate to drafting on the bike): www.usatriathlon.org

Good luck, and welcome to the "club".

John