Scottish History website

Old August 24th 04, 10:31 AM
Nick Pedley

Default Scottish History website

Ever walked past an old ruin or deserted settlement in Scotland and thought
to yourself 'I wonder what was there and where I can find out more?'?

Well, wonder no more! I just found a searchable database at
www.rcahms.gov.uk which covers nearly every old ruin north of the border and
explains a bit about them and where to go or read to learn more. You do have
to register but it is free, I guess so they can get funding based on visitor
details like most museums.

Not linked in any way with this apart from being fascinated by the amount of
info available.

Nick

Old August 24th 04, 08:27 PM
Bernie Hughes

Nick Pedley wrote:
Ever walked past an old ruin or deserted settlement in Scotland and thought
to yourself 'I wonder what was there and where I can find out more?'?

Well, wonder no more! I just found a searchable database at
www.rcahms.gov.uk which covers nearly every old ruin north of the border and
explains a bit about them and where to go or read to learn more. You do have
to register but it is free, I guess so they can get funding based on visitor
details like most museums.

Not linked in any way with this apart from being fascinated by the amount of
info available.

Good tip, thanks.

--

Bernie Hughes