Exercise & Mental Health

Old September 17th 04, 07:47 PM

Default Exercise & Mental Health

Hello,

I am new to this group. I would like to know if any of you have used
exercise as a way to feel better. We all know that we should exercise
but it seems that most of us take the wrong approach and overlook the
psychological benefits. This is an interested link that you may find
helpful http://www.local6.com/health/3615082/detail.html

It would be great to hear from others on this topic.

Thank you,
Jeff Rutstein
Author, Breakthrough! An Exercise in Serenity:
Easing stress, depression and dependence through strength training
www.exerciseinserenity.com

Old September 17th 04, 08:02 PM
Hugh Beyer

" wrote in
:

Hello,

I am new to this group. I would like to know if any of you have used
exercise as a way to feel better. We all know that we should exercise
but it seems that most of us take the wrong approach and overlook the
psychological benefits. This is an interested link that you may find
helpful http://www.local6.com/health/3615082/detail.html

It would be great to hear from others on this topic.

Thank you,
Jeff Rutstein
Author, Breakthrough! An Exercise in Serenity:
Easing stress, depression and dependence through strength training
www.exerciseinserenity.com

You can wrap it up in pretty paper, you can put a bow on it, but spam still
stinks.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Old September 17th 04, 08:06 PM
Dally

Hugh Beyer wrote:

You can wrap it up in pretty paper, you can put a bow on it, but spam still
stinks.

LOL, agreed. But I went to his site and felt a bit sad for the guy.
(He's in "recovery" from abusive weightlifting.) If he wants to come
hang out in our gin joint then I'll be kinder and gentler with him.

Spammer-Guy, drop the sig line and you'll be okay.

Dally

Old September 17th 04, 08:22 PM
Hugh Beyer

Dally wrote in :

Hugh Beyer wrote:

You can wrap it up in pretty paper, you can put a bow on it, but spam
still stinks.

LOL, agreed. But I went to his site and felt a bit sad for the guy.
(He's in "recovery" from abusive weightlifting.) If he wants to come
hang out in our gin joint then I'll be kinder and gentler with him.

Spammer-Guy, drop the sig line and you'll be okay.

Hmmm... no, he gets a full-fledged internet apology. That's what I get for
posting without following the link.

Posting a ref to your own book in your sig line is within the group norms.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.

Help! 800cal/day = good diet or ED? "Eat less, do more" not working? VLCD trap? vlcd_hell Weights 126 February 7th 04 12:21 AM
Getting Exercised About Exercise tns Running 10 January 10th 04 03:51 PM
DC Training (long) T-REx Weights 24 November 15th 03 02:19 AM
Cardiovascular Exercise Principles and Guidelines dave welton Aerobic 0 September 9th 03 08:20 PM
Supersets OA(E3!/.'O Fred Jones Aerobic 0 July 20th 03 05:14 AM