Panoramas and scottish hill tables

Old November 4th 04, 08:51 AM
Stuart

Default Panoramas and scottish hill tables

After deciding that I can't do anything about the corruption's created by
the panorama stitching software, I have created a bit of code that
compensates, my panoramas now give a fairly accurate directional finding
ability, and linked to my hill database can now identify any hill in view!

http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/.../panoramas.htm

Now what I need is some decent Tables, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds, ( i am
ok on the Munro table front) as the list I am currently using contains many
inaccuracies.......any suggestions!

stuart

Old November 4th 04, 10:58 PM
RJ Webb

The place to go for all things baggy,,,

http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/tables/

You should find a list of Corbets and Docherty/Grahams there.

Also there is a copy of the Marilyns book by Alan Dawson
http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/marilyns/

A copy of the list of Scottish Marilyns is on my site
http://www.sub3000.plus.com/balbum/Scotland.html

This is gradualy being illustrated.

Richard Webb
Old November 4th 04, 11:27 PM
Brian

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:51:24 +0000, Stuart wrote:

After deciding that I can't do anything about the corruption's created by
the panorama stitching software, I have created a bit of code that
compensates, my panoramas now give a fairly accurate directional finding
ability, and linked to my hill database can now identify any hill in view!

http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/.../panoramas.htm

Now what I need is some decent Tables, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds, ( i am
ok on the Munro table front) as the list I am currently using contains many
inaccuracies.......any suggestions!

stuart

Nice webpage. Works with me on Mozilla Firefox / Linux.

Out of interest, what software did you use to create the panoramas? Have
you tried Hugin + Enblend?
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal/enblend/

Enblend does some clever maths and removes the "seams" from panoramas
which have been stitched and saved as individual images.

--
Brian