How to solve our Virginiaz troubles.

Old November 30th 04, 03:01 PM
Franklin Stein

Default How to solve our Virginiaz troubles.

Aside from signing her up to spambots, we should turn her into AOL for
off topic posts. It is against AOL's TOS rules to continually post off
topic posts, a few they will overlook, but not repeated abuses like
hers.
Send to , AND , and . They
sometimes take a week to two before they get in touch with the
offending psycho, so keep sending the complaints (with full headers)
until they do.
She was originally harmless, but she's just gotten out of hand lately.
Another option is publicity. I think our poetic troll would be pretty
embarassed if it becomes widely known she is an internet troll.
Publicity.
Old November 30th 04, 04:54 PM
Miss Anne Thrope

First of all, no one likes a snitch. Secondly, just because you can't
understand poems that don't rhyme, doesn't mean we can't. Turn yourself
in for being a dolt.

Old November 30th 04, 05:29 PM
Newsdude

Ignoramus24200 wrote in
:

Of all Internet jokesters that I have seen, virginiaz may well be the
nicest one. Understanding her humor is a little bit beyond me, so I do
not read her posts, but she seems to be a pleasant person. If you do
not like her, do not read her posts, it is that simple. I do not
understand why people are so keen on silencing those they do not
like.

It's not about not liking her as a person or silencing anyone. It's about
the fact that nothing about the name "rec.running" suggests "a forum to
write and share bizarre poetry." Do you suggest WE go to alt.arts.poetry
and start a discussion about running? And continue it even after the folks
there ask us, first politely, then not-so-politely, to stop?

Usenet has few real enforceable rules. So, in theory, we all have to police
ourselves, respect group names, descriptions and charters, and stay on
topic said with just a touch of irony over the fact that this whole
discussion is even occuring.

Old November 30th 04, 06:14 PM
Donovan Rebbechi

On 2004-11-30, Newsdude wrote:
Ignoramus24200 wrote in
:

Of all Internet jokesters that I have seen, virginiaz may well be the
nicest one. Understanding her humor is a little bit beyond me, so I do
not read her posts, but she seems to be a pleasant person. If you do
not like her, do not read her posts, it is that simple. I do not
understand why people are so keen on silencing those they do not
like.

It's not about not liking her as a person or silencing anyone. It's about
the fact that nothing about the name "rec.running" suggests "a forum to
write and share bizarre poetry." Do you suggest WE go to alt.arts.poetry
and start a discussion about running? And continue it even after the folks
there ask us, first politely, then not-so-politely, to stop?

I don't understand your crusade against one of the most harmless trolls I've
encountered either. Use a killfile.

No-one is suggesting that it's a good idea to be an off-topic wierdo. But it's
seldom a good use of ones time to crusade against off topic wierdos either.

Usenet has few real enforceable rules. So, in theory, we all have to police
ourselves, respect group names, descriptions and charters, and stay on
topic said with just a touch of irony over the fact that this whole
discussion is even occuring.

The real irony is that I've yet to see you post topical content to this forum,
which makes one wonder why you're so concerned about it.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
Old November 30th 04, 06:15 PM
FabulustRunner

It's not about not liking her as a person or silencing anyone. It's about
the fact that nothing about the name "rec.running" suggests "a forum to
write and share bizarre poetry." Do you suggest WE go to alt.arts.poetry and

start a discussion about running? And continue it even after the folks
there ask us, first politely, then not-so-politely, to stop?

BRAVO! Well put, and this is exactly how I feel. It's not about her or the
poetry being good, bad, or bizarre, it's about running.
Old November 30th 04, 06:19 PM
FabulustRunner

Such is the nature of usenet, newsgroups are more like social clubs
for people interested in a topic, and not strictly censored forums. If
you want a restricted forum, create a moderated newsgroup.

Be serious! Newsgroups would be complete chaos if everyone just went to anyone
they wanted to, and used it for their own purpose.

This approach works best if readers use killfiles rather than try to
police others.

Many do not have that option.

Policing leads to endless quabbles and usually people
tend to leave newsgroups that are too hateful and conflict ridden.

There's been conflict on this since she came here, there'll be none about it
after she leaves. Nobody but her will leave over this. The last time she got
stung, she brought in a weird friend from anothere NG that stood up for her,
then never appeared again. This is just pathetic.

Old November 30th 04, 07:40 PM
FabulustRunner

Well, this group is still a good resource for runners and joggers, so,
the horrors that you described are not happening in reality.

No, but left unchecked it certainly would. However normal, thinking people will
eventually drive off the OT offenders. However in this case the offending party
is *slow on the uptake*. If this did not happen "in reality" then several of
her poetry babbling friends would start joining her here, then more, then more,
UNTIL it is no longer Rec.Running, and becomes Wrecked4Running.

Everyone can use a newsreader with some killfile capability.

You truly are ignorant. But let's assume that everyone could or would. Why
should they have to go to a lot of extra trouble, probably expense, and
inconvenience (especially to those who are PC challenged) because some dingbat
wants to spew poetry on a running newsgroup?

That happens a lot, sure.

You're right it never happened, it was just her under a different ID.
Old November 30th 04, 11:09 PM
Kidkawhoda Biker

virgin-i-az.=D7 100._=3D
I am not?
Michigan border of canada.
let the canons in. I luv white chicks.
mobile dick,The great white hope.
it is said toronto scream. this wind howl. burn the bed eat the whale
..
virgin I az
shiver me ready.
virgin or not.
to be a troll.
be throw over, brew from scotland clan for.
Virgin i az.
die screaming not a word,splash the cold water silent and no one told
of said :beer:
were it stay for a 10=B2 years.
as the viking moved on. to america.
virgin iaz
sabrina and her label gone again: eat your rye bead rye and wet
season brings L.S.D. (long slow distance)
rest lay flat on a bench and say 100 virginiaz.
10=A2 cans back pack ice and snow 1 of 40 a :beer:.soon soon soon.
the hunt.
Mhz again a scream is heard.
out run of dog. blue label one.
virginia I long for your hills.
call it A.T.
virginiaz

this winter howl, I am
I serve only jesus and God
u all can b lick ass and **** some times.
go some were else.
this winter cold, wind and howl is what I seak. not your cup is half
empty. Now be gone with you.
troll stays.
I amtroll and 2,417 mile fo 2004

biking ,the cold snow
high tree line still:
ride to be free
to turn 360=B0
eats and sleeps;
a space with electric.
2 winter sleeping bags
thick foam mat sleeping bag for a head rest.
What am I.

Old November 30th 04, 11:37 PM
JayB

"FabulustRunner" wrote in message
Well, this group is still a good resource for runners and joggers, so,
the horrors that you described are not happening in reality.

No, but left unchecked it certainly would. However normal, thinking people
will
eventually drive off the OT offenders. However in this case the offending
party
is *slow on the uptake*. If this did not happen "in reality" then several
of
her poetry babbling friends would start joining her here, then more, then
more,
UNTIL it is no longer Rec.Running, and becomes Wrecked4Running.

Oh please...just ignore the offender and stop posting stuff like the OP did
to show the offender that they're annoying you (did you know they like
that???).

Everyone can use a newsreader with some killfile capability.

You truly are ignorant. But let's assume that everyone could or would. Why
should they have to go to a lot of extra trouble, probably expense, and
inconvenience (especially to those who are PC challenged) because some
dingbat
wants to spew poetry on a running newsgroup?

They don't have to do anything. But, are you going to actually take the time
to clean up usenet for all those users who don't have a newsreader with
killfile capability? While you're at it, why don't you go take down some of
those email spammers too because why should someone go through all that
horrible trouble and huge expense to install an email program that filters
it.

If you paid for your email software or newsreader, you wasted your money.

--
JayB