Stop the snowboard insanity

Old February 17th 06, 05:15 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Default Stop the snowboard insanity

Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' he
http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj

"Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
spoil the competition."
http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu

joanne

Old February 17th 06, 05:32 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"joanne" wrote in message
ups.com...
Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' he
http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj

"Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
spoil the competition."
http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu

I heard a rumor that snowboarding is the only olympic sport where you will
be disqualified if you tested negative for drugs.

Something about maintaining tradition or something.

Old February 18th 06, 05:50 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:19:08 GMT, Joe Humble
wrote:

I'm suspicious of a "sport" where it seems more obvious to me how to
win than the silver medallist. I did catch the men's final and the
guy who took the gold did so because he had enough sense to go high on
the outside bends which is clearly the best place to build momentum
since you can slide into it harder and go nearly perpendicular to the
pull of gravity.

Joe,
Just "fire one up", and by the time you finish it, you'll understand
it. It's THAT kind of sport...
Old February 19th 06, 08:54 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"JRH" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:12:19 GMT, Joe Humble
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:32:07 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"joanne" wrote in message
groups.com...
Easy to diss a sport from ones armchair ...
A general dscription of 'snowboardcross' he
http://tinyurl.com/dmnaj

"Snowboardcross has a special appeal, said fans watching Thursday,
because the first rider to the finish wins. No subjective judging to
spoil the competition."
http://tinyurl.com/dqfbu

I heard a rumor that snowboarding is the only olympic sport where you
will
be disqualified if you tested negative for drugs.

Something about maintaining tradition or something.

I thought it was priceless when the female stoner with the dreads
tried to do a little "showboat" at the end and fell down, and lost the
gold. I think the fall would be called a 1/2 fakie with a rollover
and a twist on the landing.

Hilarious - silly cow! The race aint won 'til you got the gong in
mitt! ;o)

Steve Ovett, the British track star, some years ago did something very
similar in the final of the 1500 metres, when he raised his arms aloft
to acknowledge his adoring fans as he approached the line, only to be
pipped on the post by an unknown sneaking in on the inside.

You never count your money when you're sittin at the table

Old February 19th 06, 09:40 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"JRH" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:54:53 +1000, "David"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:32:07 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"joanne" wrote in message
legroups.com...
[...]

Wise words indeed Oz! ;o)

I am in fact having a crisis of self respect today - you are the 3rd troll
that I have sucked up to. I will need counselling.

Old February 19th 06, 10:55 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:40:37 +1000, "David"
wrote:

I am in fact having a crisis of self respect today - you are the 3rd troll
that I have sucked up to. I will need counselling.

1) this is no surprise to us that know you. 2) you needed it long
before that action.