Working as a fitness instructor

Old June 8th 06, 07:58 PM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic

Default Working as a fitness instructor

I've been thinking about getting my certification to become a fitness
instructor. Can anyone give me some advice where to start? Thanks. SS.

Old June 8th 06, 11:46 PM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic

"spaghettisquash" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been thinking about getting my certification to become a fitness
instructor. Can anyone give me some advice where to start? Thanks.
SS.

http://www.nsca-cc.org/

is a generally well-respected certification.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old June 9th 06, 04:41 AM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic

In article , Steve Freides
wrote:

"spaghettisquash" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been thinking about getting my certification to become a fitness
instructor. Can anyone give me some advice where to start? Thanks.
SS.

http://www.nsca-cc.org/

is a generally well-respected certification.

There's also ACE and AFAA:

http://www.acefitness.org

http://www.afaa.com

ACE's program will give you a better foundation of the fundamentals of
exercise physiology, etc. than AFAA, but AFAA makes up for it by giving
you a better foundation on how to actually lead a class and demonstrate
exercises.

Find out what certification the clubs in your area tend to favor when
they hire new instructors, and shoot for that cert first.

--
Denise denise dot howard at comcast dot net
ACE and AFAA certified fitness instructor