Cherry Picking Insanity

Old June 23rd 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.running
LSmith

Default Cherry Picking Insanity

WSJ Article.

Unbelievable what people are doing to Cherry Pick.....

Never heard of this site Athlinks.com?

Good grief, saw me & my racing history since 2000 on it - guess what,
so are all of you. Your entire racing history right on line for
everyone to pick up...lol.... All you need is a name. People are
researching, tracking, analyzing, predicting race fields....and
researching runners...all in efforts to win.

I thought about someone on this ng when I read this...........thought
I was going to read about that person in the article....nope...did not
make it - oh well...

http://tinyurl.com/355ezt

http://online.wsj.com/public/article... main_tff_top

Old June 23rd 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.running
Parker Race

"LSmith" wrote in message
oups.com...

WSJ Article.

Unbelievable what people are doing to Cherry Pick.....

Never heard of this site Athlinks.com?

Good grief, saw me & my racing history since 2000 on it - guess what,
so are all of you. Your entire racing history right on line for
everyone to pick up...lol.... All you need is a name. People are
researching, tracking, analyzing, predicting race fields....and
researching runners...all in efforts to win.

I thought about someone on this ng when I read this...........thought
I was going to read about that person in the article....nope...did not
make it - oh well...

http://tinyurl.com/355ezt

http://online.wsj.com/public/article... main_tff_top

It's far from complete as far as my race history, interesting that they have
me listed as a 11 year old from Georgia in one race.
I did run a race in Georgia once but the one they reference is in Albany NY.

Parker

Old June 23rd 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.running
Charlie Pendejo

lance wrote:
WSJ Article.

Unbelievable what people are doing to Cherry Pick.....

No kidding! It's plainly a sign of weakness and moral decay for a
runner to enter a race he has any shot of picking up hardware.

Just don't tell anyone about my favorite early spring 5k in Prospect
Park, or I might have to hurt you.

Old June 23rd 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.running
LSmith

"BANG BANG BANG".

Impressive Pendy, you just nabbed 2 Small Mouth Bass and 1 Trout,
doesn't even look like the barrel took a scratch!

Old June 23rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.running
Charlie Pendejo

lance wrote:
"BANG BANG BANG".

Impressive Pendy, you just nabbed 2 Small Mouth Bass and 1
Trout, doesn't even look like the barrel took a scratch!

Hey, a man's got to eat. And if I'm gonna take down a windmill, gimme
some explosive firepower to do the job, not some wimpy, uh, lance.

Old June 24th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.running
Doug Freese

"LSmith" wrote in message
oups.com...

WSJ Article.

Unbelievable what people are doing to Cherry Pick.....

I would have thought you would have been watching your pal Dean Karnazes
and his circus act to set the dreadmil record while suspended in Times
Square. There was even a webcam so you could watch. Please don't tell me
you missed your idol.

-Doug

Old June 25th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.running
Tony S.

"Doug Freese" wrote in message

"LSmith" wrote in message
oups.com...

WSJ Article.

Unbelievable what people are doing to Cherry Pick.....

I would have thought you would have been watching your pal Dean Karnazes
and his circus act to set the dreadmil record while suspended in Times
Square. There was even a webcam so you could watch. Please don't tell me
you missed your idol.

-Doug

It just pretty much confirms he can make a living as a running stuntman. As
I've said in the past, I admire his talent and what he can do, but I don't
appreciate his style. Let the deeds speak for themselves, though in full
context. As I heard someone say, he must need money pretty bad right now.

-Tony

Old June 25th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.running
h squared

LSmith wrote:

WSJ Article.

Unbelievable what people are doing to Cherry Pick.....

excuse me if i've mentioned this before, but in one race i did. ok,
wait. not a real race- a charity event on an open course although it did
have a start and a finish line so it could be raced. in this "race"
there was one single semi-pro team and all the rest of us amateur hacks.
i managed to stay with the front group for about 3 miles, not because of
great talent but because apparently this team was waiting for the crowds
to thin out before opening up the real gas. but while hanging with the
big boys, i got to see one of them get into a pushing shoving clawing
match with another skater, to keep this amateur dude from breaking into
their line, resulting in this guy hitting the ground (he bounced back up
quicker than you can imagine, i think fueled by rage..

yes, they won. they would have won with out kicking and scratching too,
but boys will be boys i guess.

Old June 26th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.running
[email protected]

On Jun 23, 10:47 am, "Parker Race" wrote:
interesting that they have
me listed as a 11 year old from Georgia

You're more like an 11YO girl, so they weren't far off, were they?