Reducing Bodyfat

Old October 31st 03, 08:50 PM
RM

Default Reducing Bodyfat

What is the right way of reducing body fat percentage for men? Some
say more of strength training and little of cardio and others say more
of cardio and little of strength training.

I want to get in to some exercise program to reduce my BF% from 25% to
less than 20%. I am confused on the proportion of cardio and strength
training mix in to my program

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Old October 31st 03, 08:52 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On 31 Oct 2003 12:50:44 -0800, (RM) wrote:

What is the right way of reducing body fat percentage for men?

Eat less, exercise more.

Choosing exercise that you enjoy will make it easy for you to do,
greatly increasing the chance of success.

Barry
Old October 31st 03, 09:45 PM
bj

And remember that this is not a temporary project.

It should be a lifestyle change of moderate eating and doing some exercise
on a regular basis. For the rest of your life.

The details will change over time (with the seasons, your mood, physical
conditions, the years...) but the framework stays the same.
Best wishes.
bj

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...

Old November 2nd 03, 01:56 AM
JP

Hi,

Our bodies are designed to store fat as a matter of survival. Therefore the
key to successful weight loss is to trigger the burning rather than the
storage of fat cells. Some dieters consider dairy products to be fattening,
but research suggests the opposite is true. Milk calcium is a fat burner.

Look at that American Dietetic Association's Article:
http://webdietitians.org/Public/Nutr...ndex_17163.cfm

I take a product called Prycena. It provides a high concentration of dairy
calcium coupled with a unique hydrolyzed peptide assists in burning the fat.
It helps me.

Maybe it can be good for you too. You can read more he
http://www.distribuweb.com/prycena/

Best Regards,
J.Pare, Montreal, Canada

Old November 2nd 03, 03:31 PM
Wayne S. Hill

RM wrote:

If I read you right, 15 mts jogging everyday followed by
strength training will help. Right?

That appears to be what he wrote, but doesn't mean it's right.

--
-Wayne
Old November 2nd 03, 05:13 PM
Chopper

1) shift your diet toward low fat food
2) cut back on overall calories
3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises are good (running
etc), one of the very best that is rarely mentioned is hiking. A 5 hour
hike, especially in mountainous terrain uses up lots of calories.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

m...

Old November 2nd 03, 05:20 PM
DRS

Chopper wrote in message
1) shift your diet toward low fat food
2) cut back on overall calories
3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises are good
(running etc), one of the very best that is rarely mentioned is
hiking. A 5 hour hike, especially in mountainous terrain uses up lots
of calories.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Are you absolutely, positively sure you don't want to reconsider that last
bit?

--

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
****ting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be."

Old November 2nd 03, 05:48 PM
Wayne S. Hill

Chopper wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Why?

2) cut back on overall calories
3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises
are good (running etc), one of the very best that is rarely
mentioned is hiking. A 5 hour hike, especially in
mountainous terrain uses up lots of calories.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Did you just make that up, or read it somewhere?

--
-Wayne

Reducing Bodyfat RM Aerobic 195 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat RM Walking 177 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat RM Weights 200 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat David Weights 4 November 12th 03 08:58 AM
Bodyfat questions Jayjay Weights 97 September 28th 03 11:17 PM