Reducing Bodyfat

Old November 2nd 03, 07:08 PM
Chupacabra

Default Reducing Bodyfat

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:13:09 GMT, "Chopper"
wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Not necessarily.

2) cut back on overall calories

Correct.

3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises are good (running
etc), one of the very best that is rarely mentioned is hiking. A 5 hour
hike, especially in mountainous terrain uses up lots of calories.

You're exceedingly lucky if you have five hours to spare to do cardio.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Does a lot to affect overall body composition, though.

"RM" wrote in message
om...
What is the right way of reducing body fat percentage for men? Some
say more of strength training and little of cardio and others say more
of cardio and little of strength training.

I want to get in to some exercise program to reduce my BF% from 25% to
less than 20%. I am confused on the proportion of cardio and strength
training mix in to my program

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Old November 2nd 03, 09:51 PM
Chopper

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Are you absolutely, positively sure you don't want to reconsider that last
bit?

No I don't. Why don't you tell us what, and how , weights do anything to
reduce body fat.

--

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like
****ting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be."

A really stupid comment.

Old November 2nd 03, 09:54 PM
Chopper

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote in message
Chopper wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Why?

Becasue fat has a lot of calories per volume.

2) cut back on overall calories
3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises
are good (running etc), one of the very best that is rarely
mentioned is hiking. A 5 hour hike, especially in
mountainous terrain uses up lots of calories.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Did you just make that up, or read it somewhere?

It's common sense.

--
-Wayne

Old November 2nd 03, 09:55 PM
Chopper

wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Not necessarily.

Bull****. Fat has is dense in calories, American food has never been more
fat rich, and America has never been fatter.

Old November 2nd 03, 09:58 PM
David Cohen

"Chopper" wrote
"Wayne S. Hill" wrote
Chopper wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Why?

Becasue fat has a lot of calories per volume.

But if your total caloric energy balance achieves the goal, why is it
necessary to "shift your diet toward low fat food"? What about the
fat-soluble nutrients, and the omega-3 fatty acids?

2) cut back on overall calories
3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises
are good (running etc), one of the very best that is rarely
mentioned is hiking. A 5 hour hike, especially in
mountainous terrain uses up lots of calories.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Did you just make that up, or read it somewhere?

It's common sense.

Well, there you go. Argument winner, for sure.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:02 PM
David Cohen

"Chopper" wrote
"Chupacabra" wrote
"Chopper" wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Not necessarily.

Bull****. Fat has is dense in calories, American food has never been

more
fat rich, and America has never been fatter.

Fat people fart more than skinny people. Fat people are more prone to
obesity. Therefore, farting causes obesity.

Your turn in the Nonsense Logic for the Syllogistically Impaired
Contest.

I we Todd did.
I sofa king we Todd did.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:09 PM
DRS

Chopper wrote in message
et
Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Are you absolutely, positively sure you don't want to reconsider
that last bit?

No I don't. Why don't you tell us what, and how , weights do
anything to reduce body fat.

Weight work increases lean muscle mass. Increased lean muscle mass improves
your metabolic efficiency. Not to mention that the actual workout consumes
around 400 calories per hour.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:27 PM
Keith Hobman

In article et,
"Chopper" wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Totally wrong. Reduce overall calories and try and cut carbs. Certain fats
and oils are good for you and you need fats.

Check out the Harvard diet for a pretty good summary and the science
behind this statement.

Good summary of the key points here.

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/...odpyramid.html

The actual diet information is here.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/index.html

This is a pretty good diet and its free.

2) cut back on overall calories

Yep. The big secret.

3) do exercise that uses up calories, various CV exercises are good (running
etc), one of the very best that is rarely mentioned is hiking. A 5 hour
hike, especially in mountainous terrain uses up lots of calories.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

The calories you burn in the actual activity may not be as significant as
raising your overall metabolism. Muscle burns calories - more so than
adipose tissue. So weightlifting may not burn a lot of calories in the
activity, but it raises the amount of calories you burn through the day.

None the less it is certainly a good idea to raise your activity level and
burn calories through activities as well. Walking is a good idea, as is
aerobics. But so is weightlifting.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:36 PM
Chupacabra

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:55:48 GMT, "Chopper"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Not necessarily.

Bull****. Fat has is dense in calories, American food has never been more
fat rich, and America has never been fatter.

BZZZT!!! You lose. Thanks for playing. Normally we'd have lovely
parting gifts for you, but you're ****ing stupid, so you get nothing.

Old November 2nd 03, 11:52 PM
Wayne S. Hill

Chopper wrote:

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote...
Chopper wrote:

1) shift your diet toward low fat food

Why?

Becasue fat has a lot of calories per volume.

So it's volume that determines how much you eat? Fats produce
satiety, while carbs don't.

Weight training doesn't do much to affect fat reduction.

Did you just make that up, or read it somewhere?

It's common sense.

Ah, common sense. I see. Well, there you have it.

Here's a couple of questions for you:
- For what period of time does a session of aerobic exercise
increase your metabolism?
- For what period of time does a session of weight training
increase your metabolism?

--
-Wayne

Reducing Bodyfat RM Aerobic 195 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat RM Walking 177 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat RM Weights 200 February 22nd 06 05:52 AM
Reducing Bodyfat David Weights 4 November 12th 03 08:58 AM
Bodyfat questions Jayjay Weights 97 September 28th 03 11:17 PM