"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food

Old January 28th 04, 10:23 AM
mrbog

Default "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating at
the supermarket.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Jan 27, 2004

I coducted a study of the effects of eating food only from American
supermarkets. The piece is intended to reveal the nature of the
problem of obesity in America.

Over the thirty day period my health deteriorated rapidly. My
cholesterol went up by 59 points, I had problems with my vision, I was
depressed and vomiting, I lost confidence in myself, and I considered
becoming a woman.

The documentary reveals the source of the health problems in America:
fatty foods, sugar-rich foods, insufficient vegetables, mentholyptus,
and mints. The result of eating these foods caused my blood pressure
to increase by 14 pounds per square inch. By the third day, the
vomiting I endured was so frequent and spontaneous that people called
me "projectile boy".

I am submitting my 184 minute feature production to the Cannes Film
Festival, in the hopes that it will get noticed big directors like
Steven Speilberg, James Cameron, Raymond Martino, and Nacho Vidal.

Oh by the way, I only ate corned beef, heavy cream, butter, kosher
salt, and sudafed. But it was all purchased from American
supermarkets. I call it "The American Supermarket Diet".

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.

Old January 28th 04, 03:35 PM
Wayne S. Hill

Patricia Heil wrote:

mrbog wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds
has salads, parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other
stuff I don't know about because I never eat there myself.
(I remember the salads were actually very good.) You can
eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and end up looking even
better than Jared.

Where's the trolling? He's right.

--
-Wayne
Old January 28th 04, 08:49 PM
mrbog

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote in message ...
Patricia Heil wrote:

mrbog wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds
has salads, parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other
stuff I don't know about because I never eat there myself.
(I remember the salads were actually very good.) You can
eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and end up looking even
better than Jared.

Where's the trolling? He's right.

Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now. I just
looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people make posts like
"hitler was right!!" Funny that it's called "trolling"- I mean trolls
are passively evil but doing something like that would is pretty
active...
Old January 28th 04, 10:11 PM
David Cohen

"mrbog" wrote
"Wayne S. Hill" wrote Patricia Heil wrote:
mrbog wrote:
Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds
has salads, parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other
stuff I don't know about because I never eat there myself.
(I remember the salads were actually very good.) You can
eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and end up looking even
better than Jared.

Where's the trolling? He's right.

Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now. I just
looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people make posts like
"hitler was right!!"

Hitler was right: Eva's sauerbraten was the best!

Old January 29th 04, 12:25 AM
Geoff Miller

mrbog writes:

Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now.
I just looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people
make posts like "hitler was right!!" Funny that it's
called "trolling"- I mean trolls are passively evil but
doing something like that would is pretty active...

Wrong metaphor. Trolling is a type of fishing that involves
running a boat at low speed while trailing a baited hook
through the water. In the Usenet sense, trolling means
"fishing" for emotional responses.

Your "mythical beings who live under bridges and waylay
hapless travelers" interpretation is a common misunder-
standing. It's what causes so many people to erroneously
refer to people who troll as "trolls." The correct term
is *troller.* A troll is a provocative article posted by
a troller, just as a hack is an ingenious stunt performed
by a hacker.

Geoff

--
"Jon is absolutely right just be aware that there
is a good Geoff Miller on the net and then there
Old January 29th 04, 06:00 PM
Top Sirloin

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:05:33 -0600, "Julianne" wrote:

I think the film maker putting out 'Supersize Me' at the Canne's film
festival was actually trying to make a statement about society in general
and the fact that many people don't really consider the health dangers of
eating unhealthy everyday. Big Macs and Meatlover's pizza have become an
every day part of life for many Americans and I think the documentary's
bizarre experiment was designed to shed light on how we overlook the dangers
of fast food because it has become so woven into our lifestyle.

It is interesting to contrast what people eat today with what was the norm for
my middle class family growing up: three meals a day, each with a protein, a
veggie and some bread, and a snack before bed. Cake, pie, pizza, and any fast or
restaurant food was a special treat with maybe a monthly appearance.

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are

Help! 800cal/day = good diet or ED? "Eat less, do more" not working? VLCD trap? vlcd_hell Weights 126 February 7th 04 01:21 AM
Stop Health Food Ban Steve Bayt Weights 0 January 11th 04 11:19 PM
Low carb diets Weights 194 January 9th 04 12:15 AM
Confession to Myself Bob B Ballz Weights 1 September 15th 03 05:36 PM
eating junk food to increase calorie intake Spammers_Should_Be_Shot General 3 August 28th 03 05:47 AM