Training week ending July 18 2010

Old July 19th 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

Default Training week ending July 18 2010

In article
,
dood wrote:

My 2010 goal, BTW, is fitness level for a half marathon; give me a
break, I've only been doing this for 2.5 years and I'm 62.

I'm 67, and have been running for a bit over four years. I've done five
half marathons; the first two in the 3:10 range, and the last three in the
2:50 range. I wound up walking parts of the first three of them, but
walked less in each successive one than the one before it. The last two, I
did not walk at all.

This past week, I ran 23.5 miles, with no run longer than five miles. I'm
working my way up to a 30-mile week, with an intermediate goal of 25 miles.

I've done 35+ mile weeks while training for marathons, but my average last
year was 20 miles per week; that included a few weeks where I did not run
at all, because of illness and other reasons.

The bottom line is that you can do it. But as John Hurley advised (and I'm
paraphrasing here), you need to push your limits, but don't push them too
hard.

--
26.2 Because I can
Old July 19th 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.running
Michelle

In article
,
Michelle wrote:

I'm 67, and have been running for a bit over four years. I've done five
half marathons; the first two in the 3:10 range, and the last three in
the 2:50 range.

My OCD compels me to point out that the first two were in the 3:02 range,
not the 30:10 range.

--
26.2 Because I can