Gym or no gym

Old July 21st 11, 05:02 PM
joshua wilson joshua wilson is offline
Junior Member

Location: New York City

I would suggest to visit a gym, because it is necessary, in fact you should start going now.. its better to stay in shape now.. because once you go into old age you will have to face problems just because your body is not strong from inside... exercise increase the metabolism and immune system... though its quite difficult to regain it in old age.. start going to gym..
Old July 23rd 11, 01:41 AM
John Kent John Kent is offline
Banned

Location: Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersh View Post
Hi Im currently a member of a small 24 hour gym in Toronto Canad. I have a very busy schedule and need a 24 hour place for flexibility. My memership is coming up for renewal and I cant decide if I should renew. I do not have room in my house for exercise equipment, however, maybe with resistance bands, jump rope, swiss ball I can manage to get in a good workout, although I would need a good regimen of either walking/jogging to get in good cardio.eing that the weather in Toronto from November through Mrch is not really condusive for outdoor exercise it might impede this plan. At the end of the day are there significant advantages of a gym that make it worth spending $500-$600 a year.

Thanks
Gersh- still undecided
I would say that there are some advantages to gyms although those costs are a pretty big drawback. I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in your workout. If you are just looking for some cardio, you don't really need to spend all that money at a gym depending on the weather outside. You live in Canada and I'm down here in Texas, so our climates are pretty different. I've found that I can get in some pretty decent cardio just by doing some daily running. If weather doesn't allow that for you, a gym may be worth it to you. Especially if you plan on any weight training since that equipment can often be fairly costly.
Old July 28th 11, 10:57 AM
fitscientist fitscientist is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Zealand

Do you enjoy the gym? There are so many other options to exercise than just gym-based stuff and I think people often get the perception that exercise has to be done indoors.

Have you tried high intensity training (HIT). It's great for busy people like yourself as you can get great results in relatively less time
Old August 2nd 11, 09:41 PM
rubertnrubert rubertnrubert is offline
Banned

It is good to go to gym. In gym we are doing exercise which is very important to our body. With doing exercise we can fit our body and keep it healthy. Everyone should do exercise everyday. Walking is the best exercise. Go to gym for doing particular exercise.
Old August 23rd 11, 11:54 AM
Kallis21 Kallis21 is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA

In my opinion gym is best place for the exercise because the availability of the
equipment for the exercise and the guidance of the trainer. So i prefer to join gym for the fitness.

Chino physical therapy
__________________
Kallis21

Last edited by Kallis21 : August 27th 11 at 10:59 AM.
Old January 21st 12, 05:26 PM
sanadepth sanadepth is offline
Junior Member

I was in gym class before the day ended because it is my last class. They were jogging laps in the gym and they had shorts and t-shirt as our uniforms. Some how my penis got through my pants and was showing while they were jogging.
__________________
dermal fillers
Old January 25th 12, 06:49 AM
gsmbooster gsmbooster is offline
Junior Member

If you are serious about body building and maintaining your health properly then its really important to join a gym who has an experienced coach. Just like gyms, coach also plays a very important role in your body building.
__________________
mobile repeaters
Old January 25th 12, 10:15 AM
abbotabner abbotabner is offline
Banned

Yes i will prefer for you gym because if you want nice body in safe so you have to do exercise in Gym so you can get good body from exercise and your fitness will be good.
Old February 4th 12, 07:31 AM
jarvisray jarvisray is offline
Banned

Location: uk

I will prefer for you Gym where you can workout daily and do exercise Push ups, Aerobics and Yoga so you can loose your weight and maintain your fitness level. I like to be a fit and fine.
Old February 7th 12, 03:02 PM
rebootpt rebootpt is offline
Junior Member

Location: London

I always prefer training at home in stead of at the gym, most of all because you never wait for equipment.
Get some cheap equipment if you spend the same amount of money as the gym membership on new kit after a while you will have nothing to pay out for.
Some good adjustable dumbells are a good start, I have bowflex but there are a few good brands out there now.
Other good home equipment options.
Kettlebells - Small and you can do loads with them.
Skipping rope - always good for working up a sweat.
TRX - quite pricey but great if you are getting bored with the usual stuff.
Step - great for interval cardio
Your own body weight - free

Getting old in the gym Burr Weights 11 November 6th 07 07:20 AM
Off to the gym Burr Weights 2 August 27th 07 01:34 AM
No more gym :( rev Weights 7 October 22nd 06 07:44 PM
New gym; R P Weights 12 September 19th 05 09:16 AM