A Fitness & exercise forum. FitnessBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FitnessBanter.com forum » Fitness & Exercise » General
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Gym or no gym

Old July 21st 11, 05:02 PM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Jul 2011

I would suggest to visit a gym, because it is necessary, in fact you should start going now.. its better to stay in shape now.. because once you go into old age you will have to face problems just because your body is not strong from inside... exercise increase the metabolism and immune system... though its quite difficult to regain it in old age.. start going to gym..
Old July 23rd 11, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersh View Post
Hi Im currently a member of a small 24 hour gym in Toronto Canad. I have a very busy schedule and need a 24 hour place for flexibility. My memership is coming up for renewal and I cant decide if I should renew. I do not have room in my house for exercise equipment, however, maybe with resistance bands, jump rope, swiss ball I can manage to get in a good workout, although I would need a good regimen of either walking/jogging to get in good cardio.eing that the weather in Toronto from November through Mrch is not really condusive for outdoor exercise it might impede this plan. At the end of the day are there significant advantages of a gym that make it worth spending $500-$600 a year.

Thanks
Gersh- still undecided
I would say that there are some advantages to gyms although those costs are a pretty big drawback. I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in your workout. If you are just looking for some cardio, you don't really need to spend all that money at a gym depending on the weather outside. You live in Canada and I'm down here in Texas, so our climates are pretty different. I've found that I can get in some pretty decent cardio just by doing some daily running. If weather doesn't allow that for you, a gym may be worth it to you. Especially if you plan on any weight training since that equipment can often be fairly costly.
Old July 28th 11, 10:57 AM

Do you enjoy the gym? There are so many other options to exercise than just gym-based stuff and I think people often get the perception that exercise has to be done indoors.

Have you tried high intensity training (HIT). It's great for busy people like yourself as you can get great results in relatively less time
Old August 2nd 11, 09:41 PM
Banned

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Aug 2011

It is good to go to gym. In gym we are doing exercise which is very important to our body. With doing exercise we can fit our body and keep it healthy. Everyone should do exercise everyday. Walking is the best exercise. Go to gym for doing particular exercise.
Old August 23rd 11, 11:54 AM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Aug 2011

In my opinion gym is best place for the exercise because the availability of the
equipment for the exercise and the guidance of the trainer. So i prefer to join gym for the fitness.

Chino physical therapy

Last edited by Kallis21 : August 27th 11 at 10:59 AM.
Old January 21st 12, 05:26 PM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Jan 2012

I was in gym class before the day ended because it is my last class. They were jogging laps in the gym and they had shorts and t-shirt as our uniforms. Some how my penis got through my pants and was showing while they were jogging.
Old January 25th 12, 06:49 AM

If you are serious about body building and maintaining your health properly then its really important to join a gym who has an experienced coach. Just like gyms, coach also plays a very important role in your body building.
Old January 25th 12, 10:15 AM
Banned

Yes i will prefer for you gym because if you want nice body in safe so you have to do exercise in Gym so you can get good body from exercise and your fitness will be good.
Old February 4th 12, 07:31 AM
Banned

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Feb 2012

I will prefer for you Gym where you can workout daily and do exercise Push ups, Aerobics and Yoga so you can loose your weight and maintain your fitness level. I like to be a fit and fine.
Old February 7th 12, 03:02 PM

First recorded activity by FitnessBanter: Feb 2012

I always prefer training at home in stead of at the gym, most of all because you never wait for equipment.
Get some cheap equipment if you spend the same amount of money as the gym membership on new kit after a while you will have nothing to pay out for.
Some good adjustable dumbells are a good start, I have bowflex but there are a few good brands out there now.
Other good home equipment options.
Kettlebells - Small and you can do loads with them.
Skipping rope - always good for working up a sweat.
TRX - quite pricey but great if you are getting bored with the usual stuff.
Step - great for interval cardio
Your own body weight - free