I'm famous :)

Old December 21st 11, 07:11 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

Default I'm famous :)

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current episode,
Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me beginning at
about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 24th 11, 02:23 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:11:55 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current episode,
Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me beginning at
about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Can i have sex with you now, Mr. Celebrity?

--
EA
Old December 24th 11, 04:57 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl[_2_]

On Wed, Dec 21 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current
episode, Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me
beginning at about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

Congratulations on the interview. I think you might want to reconsider
the beard though.

Jason
Old December 24th 11, 08:05 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

Jason Earl wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current
episode, Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me
beginning at about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

Congratulations on the interview. I think you might want to
reconsider the beard though.

Jason

My wife says she likes the way I look better with the beard - need I say
more?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 24th 11, 09:31 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl[_2_]

On Sat, Dec 24 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current
episode, Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me
beginning at about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

Congratulations on the interview. I think you might want to
reconsider the beard though.

Jason

My wife says she likes the way I look better with the beard - need I
say more?

No, I think that about sums it up. For the record, you grow a better
beard than I do. I am sure part of me is just jealous.

Jason
Old December 25th 11, 03:54 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

Jason Earl wrote:

No, I think that about sums it up. For the record, you grow a better
beard than I do. I am sure part of me is just jealous.

You and your beard have my sympathy, Jason, if mine is better than
yours. Mine's nothing to wrtie home about.

I keep mine very short and like it that way - my oldest son says he
doesn't like it because it looks too thin, but I guess I like it that
way and my wife does, too. I'll have to dig up some pictures from the
1970's where both the hair and the beard are a lot longer.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 25th 11, 07:07 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl[_2_]

Jason Earl wrote:

No, I think that about sums it up. For the record, you grow a better
beard than I do. I am sure part of me is just jealous.

You and your beard have my sympathy, Jason, if mine is better than
yours. Mine's nothing to wrtie home about.

I did not shave at all until I was 25. Even at 40 my beard is pathetic
enough that the word "beard" doesn't really apply.

I keep mine very short and like it that way - my oldest son says he
doesn't like it because it looks too thin, but I guess I like it that
way and my wife does, too. I'll have to dig up some pictures from the
1970's where both the hair and the beard are a lot longer.

I mostly was just looking for a comment that I could use that showed
that I watched the episode of DragonDoorTV. I think that you would look
considerably younger without the beard, but then again, maybe that's the
point.

Your beard certainly isn't comical, like mine is.

Jason
Old December 25th 11, 05:14 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Steve Freides[_2_]

Jason Earl wrote:

No, I think that about sums it up. For the record, you grow a
better beard than I do. I am sure part of me is just jealous.

You and your beard have my sympathy, Jason, if mine is better than
yours. Mine's nothing to wrtie home about.

I did not shave at all until I was 25. Even at 40 my beard is
pathetic enough that the word "beard" doesn't really apply.

I keep mine very short and like it that way - my oldest son says he
doesn't like it because it looks too thin, but I guess I like it that
way and my wife does, too. I'll have to dig up some pictures from
the 1970's where both the hair and the beard are a lot longer.

I mostly was just looking for a comment that I could use that showed
that I watched the episode of DragonDoorTV. I think that you would
look considerably younger without the beard, but then again, maybe
that's the point.

That actually was the point. When I was teaching at the local community
college a few years ago, I was regularly mistaken for a student. It's
fun sometimes, but it also gets old, and I decided I needed to look a
little older.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old December 25th 11, 09:14 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:11:55 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current episode,
Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me beginning at
about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Can i have sex with you now, Mr. Celebrity?

My fav stalker at work.

Not sayin Stevie idn't goodlookiing or anything, just saying this wadn't
me... LOL
I do hope, tho, that this interview doesn't resemble the one with Kenneth
Jay on 'ludes....
--
EA

--
EA

Old December 26th 11, 09:21 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Existential Angst[_2_]

Default Real exercise..... I'm famous :)

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
On Wed, Dec 21 2011, Steve Freides wrote:

Shameless self-promotion:

DragonDoor has a TV "channel" - if you look here at the current
episode, Christmas, 2011, you'll find a short interview with me
beginning at about the 5:50 mark. It's about a minute long.

Congratulations on the interview. I think you might want to reconsider
the beard though.

Finally saw the vid.... goodgawd....
I'd think someone would want to reconsider that whole dragondoor
affiliation.....
What a mind**** that place is, what a mind**** the method is -- an artful
mind****, tho.

And Friedes' disingenuous and misleading insinuation that DD, kettlebells
fixed his back is like Jim Janney doing pistols to fix his hip....
semi-absurd. But that's another story. No offense, Jim.... LOL

Fergodsake, a simple dumbbell hurl accomplishes ORDERS of magnitude more
than those ridiculous dopey kb swings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hk9z1YVcE ross training.

Watch the dumbbell hurl at 1:05.
There's actually DOZENS of different ways to do this, to variously
emphasize the knees, hips, back, arms, shoulder, tri's, whatever.

But when all is said and done, any way you choose to get that weight
overhead, you've worked 90% of the body -- FAR more than those dopey dopey
dopey kb swings. AND have burned boucou calories.

NOW, if you ARE going to swing a weight, look at 3:07. DATS how you swing
a weight, for full benefit.

The whole vid is a worthwhile view, and he has more. Ross Enamait is the
real fitness deal. Trains boxers.

Few people can do what Ross does intensity-wise, but EVERYONE can do a
version of what Ross does.
In his clapping pushups, note that he is doing TRIPLE claps.... you may
miss it. I think in another of his vids he shows it in slow motion.....
effing wild...

That dumbbell hurl at 1:05, in any/all of its incarnations, is one of THE
single best exercises on the planet -- in a small group of about 5 -- heh,
with my "proprietary calisthenics" occupying one or two slots in that top 5.
LOL

I do these hurls a little differently than Ross, with more variations, but
no matter how you do them, they are ossum.

I've corresponded with Ross, re one of his articles on kb's, and he has
chosen to remain neutral/diplomatic on the issue, so as to "keep the peace"
in the fitness community. He basically says, if you like kb's use them, but
he himself, as you can see, feels no need to use them.

Cuz, well, dbs are ultimately far more practical and effective.
But, I'll bet if I took Ross to a bar for some beers, he'd fess up to his
"real opinion": that kb's are just another fitness scam.

Not that they themselves are invalid -- after all, a weight is weight -- but
that their real purpose is simply market share/revenue generation from
another incarnation of "innovative marketing" -- where innovative marketing
is simply the marketing pundit's coinage for "revenue generating mind****".
--
EA

Jason