Another cold one this morning

Old January 23rd 13, 01:02 AM posted to rec.running
John Hurley

Default Another cold one this morning

Somewhere around 7 degrees this morning ( not celsius of course ) with
a lot of wind and blowing snow.

Only 2nd day this year face mask was mandatory but all the layering
knowledge ... not to be underestimated!

Good luck all!
Old January 23rd 13, 03:14 AM posted to rec.running

Out yesterday in central Illinois it was 8 and wind chill at way under zero.
Laps in neighborhood going on 200 yards into the wind before turning. It was
the coldest run I have done for a long time. I did the treadmill today.
After 25 years of running 5 years ago I bought a nice one and it certainly
is nice at times. I hit the treadmill today it was 4 degrees and some wind.
The problem with the treadmill is that at times I get balance issues and
really you have concentrate to stay upright. My hamstring butt issue does
not make the treadmill as good because staying right on target and having
decent form. Lucky I can still run at least to keep up some fitness.

BTW I hate face mask and have a neck cover and load up on petroleum jelly on
the face. Thank god for my gortex jacket I don't even think they make them
anymore or at least I don't see them much. A good polypro long sleeve and
the goretex and you are ready to go.

Old January 23rd 13, 03:30 AM posted to rec.running
Tim Daneliuk

On 01/22/2013 06:02 PM, John Hurley wrote:
Somewhere around 7 degrees this morning ( not celsius of course ) with
a lot of wind and blowing snow.

Only 2nd day this year face mask was mandatory but all the layering
knowledge ... not to be underestimated!

Good luck all!

1st run in several days this evening because I've had a cold. Speaking
of which... 4 miles @10F, windchill put it at -7F ... glorious. I'd
rather be doing that than 98F and 100% RH

My Rules For Winter Running: Lights, Layers, Lay Back

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Old January 23rd 13, 04:41 PM posted to rec.running
John Hurley

mclear:

# The problem with the treadmill is that at times I get balance issues
and really you have concentrate to stay upright.

Well ... "one of many issues" ...

Been a long while thankfully since I was on a dreadmill ...

Not easy to stay on these machines for me running at all. Takes a ton
of concentration.

One missed step ... just a little off ... and blammo ... tossed off
the back of the machine!

Going to be a cold run this morning John Hurley Running 5 January 7th 13 03:42 PM
How Cold Is Too Cold? Tim Daneliuk Running 16 December 16th 09 11:47 PM
Dog question: how cold is too cold? Dally Weights 29 January 27th 06 11:59 PM
cold jim gravity Running 5 January 17th 04 05:45 AM
cold jim gravity Running 14 January 11th 04 06:32 AM