Lou Ferrigno/Pumping Iron II

Old May 25th 06, 02:39 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Default Lou Ferrigno/Pumping Iron II

I read that article about Lou Ferrigno suing his brother, and it mentions
Pumping Iron II. I thought that was the movie about women bodybuilders with
Rachel McLish?

Also, the only recent movie I had seen regarding Ferrigno & bodybuilding is
Standing Tall, about Ferrigno's try at the 1994 Mr. Olympia (or Masters?).

Is it the same movie? Standing Tall rips his dad, but not that badly.

Old May 25th 06, 05:01 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Shemp wrote:

I read that article about Lou Ferrigno suing his brother, and it mentions
Pumping Iron II. I thought that was the movie about women bodybuilders with
Rachel McLish?

Well, I prefer "with Bev Francis" as Rachel McLish is seems like a
beeyotch in that flick. Hmm. Apparently, my emotions are easily
manipulated by eeeevil producers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_Iron_II:_The_Women

Still, you're correct, Pumping Iron II is the movie about women
bodybuilders: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089852/

Also, the only recent movie I had seen regarding Ferrigno & bodybuilding is
Standing Tall, about Ferrigno's try at the 1994 Mr. Olympia (or Masters?).

Is it the same movie? Standing Tall rips his dad, but not that badly.

Well, maybe his dad wasn't ripped that badly in Standing Tall, but
when Tony Monchinski interviewed Lou's brother, Andy Ferrigno, and
mentioned Pumping Iron II, Andy replied, "Yeah, and my dad was
portrayed very poorly. He took it very, very bad." See:
http://emusclemag.com/content.php?cat=10&id=156

Hey, old news, but an interesting commentary, imo, especially if
you're a Hulk fan:
http://www.sunnews.com/entertain/DVD...ener061903.htm

--
Curt
http://curtjames.com/
Old May 25th 06, 07:47 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Curt James" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_Iron_II:_The_Women
when Tony Monchinski interviewed Lou's brother, Andy Ferrigno, and
mentioned Pumping Iron II, Andy replied, "Yeah, and my dad was portrayed
very poorly. He took it very, very bad."

So why was Lou Ferrigno's dad being mentioned in Pumping Iron II (The
Women). Was the old dude some kind of peeping tom?