Help my son was injured by another student

Old January 21st 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

Default Help my son was injured by another student

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

Newsgroups are for the expression of opinions and exchange of news. If
you
don't like that, leave.

Again note that you post advice you just now violated.

Not at all, I like to hear other people's views, even when I don't agree
with them. I don't like to hear personal abuse however.

I am being shouted down because I posted a politically incorrect answer.
My
view may not be the fashionable one of today's received wisdom, but I am
entitled to it, and to express it.

No, you aren't being shouted down. All the replies to your messages have
been more civil than yours.

Not true.

I hope you got back in the Channel Swimming Association. If they are so
anal retentive they can't add a wetsuit division for certification, then
they need and deserve someone like you.

The CSA is in severe decline. the principle body which controls Channel
Swimming nowadays is the Channel Swimming & Piloting federation, of which
am a member.
On what experience is your view of wetsuit swims based?

It is based on knowing that having a wetsuit certification does not in any
way diminish anyone else's swims without one. Your complaint is like that
of the religious conservatives in America who claim their marriages will
be devalued if same sex marriages are allowed. That's nonsense, of course,
just as swimming the channel in a wetsuit doesn't have anything at all to
do with swims performed without one.

You're entitled to your view of course, but I see it is based on no
experience in the matter. maybe you should listen a bit more to those who
have been there, done it....... and refuse to wear the CSA tee shirt.

Old January 21st 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
jjsimmons

Duncan Heenan wrote:

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

Newsgroups are for the expression of opinions and exchange of news.
If you
don't like that, leave.

Again note that you post advice you just now violated.

Not at all, I like to hear other people's views, even when I don't agree
with them. I don't like to hear personal abuse however.

You shouted down Susant with personal abuse for expressing opinions and
exchanging news. You advised her to tell her son to take being bullied
in stride and get on with his life. But you couldn't do that yourself,
when you were thrown out of the Channel Swimming Association.

I am being shouted down because I posted a politically incorrect
answer. My
view may not be the fashionable one of today's received wisdom, but I am
entitled to it, and to express it.

No, you aren't being shouted down. All the replies to your messages
have been more civil than yours.

Not true.

You might consider that no one here is supporting your side, and this
isn't the first time, as your internet history shows. A pattern emerges,
and eventually, you face yourself.

I hope you got back in the Channel Swimming Association. If they are so
anal retentive they can't add a wetsuit division for certification,
then
they need and deserve someone like you.

The CSA is in severe decline. the principle body which controls Channel
Swimming nowadays is the Channel Swimming & Piloting federation, of
which I
am a member.
On what experience is your view of wetsuit swims based?

It is based on knowing that having a wetsuit certification does not in
any way diminish anyone else's swims without one. Your complaint is
like that of the religious conservatives in America who claim their
marriages will be devalued if same sex marriages are allowed. That's
nonsense, of course, just as swimming the channel in a wetsuit doesn't
have anything at all to do with swims performed without one.

You're entitled to your view of course, but I see it is based on no
experience in the matter. maybe you should listen a bit more to those
who have been there, done it....... and refuse to wear the CSA tee shirt.

The facts remain. You complain you have been shouted down (a form of
bullying), when you have not. You complained about the Channel Swimming
Association removing you from the club, for basically the same
complaining behavior you have displayed here.

I have no desire to swim the English Channel. That doesn't mean I don't
have experience. And who gives a **** if you refuse to wear a tee shirt?

You were caught out, hoist by your own petard. Now shut up. Or don't.
Make an even bigger ass of yourself.

jj
Old January 21st 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

Newsgroups are for the expression of opinions and exchange of news. If
you
don't like that, leave.
Again note that you post advice you just now violated.

Not at all, I like to hear other people's views, even when I don't agree
with them. I don't like to hear personal abuse however.

You shouted down Susant with personal abuse for expressing opinions and
exchanging news. You advised her to tell her son to take being bullied in
stride and get on with his life. But you couldn't do that yourself, when
you were thrown out of the Channel Swimming Association.

I did not shout her done, not issue personal abuse. Check the thread.
I did take my spat with the CSA in my stride - I moved on and joned the
CS&PF, as have many hundreds of others, and I told the story publicy to warn
others that the CSA was in the hands of a liar and a cheat (Duncan Taylor),
and that the (then) Chairman, Mike Read could not be trusted either.

[...]

i.e. you don't know what you're talking about. If you had done the deed I
suspect you'd think differently.

You were caught out, hoist by your own petard. Now shut up. Or don't. Make
an even bigger ass of yourself.

jj

And you have been spouting off about things you know nothing about. Get some
real experience and education if you want to comment on things, don't just
be one of the many know all-armchair Google warriors. Or even better, just
stay content with being a computer nerd.

Old January 21st 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
jjsimmons

Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

Newsgroups are for the expression of opinions and exchange of news.
If you
don't like that, leave.
Again note that you post advice you just now violated.

Not at all, I like to hear other people's views, even when I don't
agree with them. I don't like to hear personal abuse however.

You shouted down Susant with personal abuse for expressing opinions
and exchanging news. You advised her to tell her son to take being
bullied in stride and get on with his life. But you couldn't do that
yourself, when you were thrown out of the Channel Swimming Association.

I did not shout her done,

Then no one shouted you down.

not issue personal abuse. Check the thread.
I did take my spat with the CSA in my stride - I moved on and joned the
CS&PF, as have many hundreds of others, and I told the story publicy to
warn others that the CSA was in the hands of a liar and a cheat (Duncan
Taylor), and that the (then) Chairman, Mike Read could not be trusted
either.

To use your own technique then. This is a newsgroup for discussing
swimming. Please take your libelous abuse of Duncan Taylor to an
appropriate forum. One of the cycling forums again, maybe?

The facts remain. You complain you have been shouted down (a form of
bullying), when you have not. You complained about the Channel
Swimming Association removing you from the club, for basically the
same complaining behavior you have displayed here.

I have no desire to swim the English Channel. That doesn't mean I
don't have experience. And who gives a **** if you refuse to wear a
tee shirt?

i.e. you don't know what you're talking about. If you had done the deed
I suspect you'd think differently.

I'm talking about your silly implication that allowing certification of
swimming the channel in a wetsuit somehow diminishes the achievement of
swimming it without a wetsuit. If you want to try to prove that it does,
go ahead. Otherwise stop claiming that it does.

You were caught out, hoist by your own petard. Now shut up. Or don't.
Make an even bigger ass of yourself.

jj

And you have been spouting off about things you know nothing about. Get
some real experience and education if you want to comment on things,
don't just be one of the many know all-armchair Google warriors. Or even
better, just stay content with being a computer nerd.

There you go, making an even bigger ass of yourself. You tried to blame
aquachimp for *your* own software's attribution errors. In other
words... "you have been spouting off about things you know nothing
about. Get some real experience and education if you want to comment" on
computer software.
Old January 21st 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

[...]

It is not abuse, it is the truth. I am happy for Duncan Taylor to sue me if
he wishes, as truth is the perfecr defence for libel.

The facts remain. You complain you have been shouted down (a form of
bullying), when you have not. You complained about the Channel Swimming
Association removing you from the club, for basically the same
complaining behavior you have displayed here.

I have no desire to swim the English Channel. That doesn't mean I don't
have experience. And who gives a **** if you refuse to wear a tee shirt?

i.e. you don't know what you're talking about. If you had done the deed I
suspect you'd think differently.

I'm talking about your silly implication that allowing certification of
swimming the channel in a wetsuit somehow diminishes the achievement of
swimming it without a wetsuit. If you want to try to prove that it does,
go ahead. Otherwise stop claiming that it does.

It does to those who have done it without a wet suit - ask any of the
hundreds who have quit the CSA and joined the CS&PF. You won't of course,
because you don't actually know any do you. You prefer to spout theoretical
nonsense from the comfort of your armchair.

You were caught out, hoist by your own petard. Now shut up. Or don't.
Make an even bigger ass of yourself.

jj

And you have been spouting off about things you know nothing about. Get
some real experience and education if you want to comment on things,
don't just be one of the many know all-armchair Google warriors. Or even
better, just stay content with being a computer nerd.

There you go, making an even bigger ass of yourself. You tried to blame
aquachimp for *your* own software's attribution errors. In other words...
"you have been spouting off about things you know nothing about. Get some
real experience and education if you want to comment" on computer
software.

You have yet to prove your own nerdy comments were correct, and mine not.
I admitted I know little of how Microsoft Windows Mail works technically,
only that I use it as instructed and that it is the same software as all
users of it use. It was you who said I was using it wrongly, and that
Microsoft software doesn't work.
I am glad I am not your employer paying for the time you spend (waste ) on
pointless newsgroup spouting.
And with that I am terminating this thread, as I have concluded you are just
a troll enjoying the attention you can't get elsewhere.

Old January 21st 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
jjsimmons

Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
i.e. you don't know what you're talking about. If you had done the
deed I suspect you'd think differently.

I'm talking about your silly implication that allowing certification
of swimming the channel in a wetsuit somehow diminishes the
achievement of swimming it without a wetsuit. If you want to try to
prove that it does, go ahead. Otherwise stop claiming that it does.

It does to those who have done it without a wet suit - ask any of the
hundreds who have quit the CSA and joined the CS&PF. You won't of
course, because you don't actually know any do you. You prefer to spout
theoretical nonsense from the comfort of your armchair.

Nope. I know channel swimmers. Go ahead and show how certifying a
channel swim in a wetsuit diminishes a channel swim without a wetsuit.
Or explain why using grease doesn't diminish all the cold water swims
I've done without grease. And of course, using goggles diminishes all
the training and races I did without them.

There you go, making an even bigger ass of yourself. You tried to
blame aquachimp for *your* own software's attribution errors. In other
words... "you have been spouting off about things you know nothing
about. Get some real experience and education if you want to comment"
on computer software.

You have yet to prove your own nerdy comments were correct, and mine not.

You made the first claim that aquachimp's software was at fault. Again,
live by your own rules and prove it.

I admitted I know little of how Microsoft Windows Mail works
technically, only that I use it as instructed and that it is the same
software as all users of it use. It was you who said I was using it
wrongly, and that Microsoft software doesn't work.
I am glad I am not your employer paying for the time you spend (waste )
on pointless newsgroup spouting.
And with that I am terminating this thread, as I have concluded you are
just a troll enjoying the attention you can't get elsewhere.

There you go again with your personal abuse.

Old January 21st 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
[...]

When did you swim the Channel? (It is the Channel we are talking about).

Old January 21st 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
jjsimmons

Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
[...]

Can't you explain how certifying a wetsuit swim diminishes your swim
without a wetsuit? You used GOGGLES! What a wuss.

I guess you are reopening the thread? Go ahead, have your last bully.

Old January 21st 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"jjsimmons" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
[...]

Go ahead yourself - answer the question, when did you swim the Channel?