small size walking trousers?

Old November 2nd 03, 09:50 PM
Jay Overlake

Default small size walking trousers?

Hello,
Does anyone know of any water repellant walking trousers for women that
come in very small sizes? The ones I have tried from mainstream
suppliers come in very small, or a size 8 but are still far too large.
Am I the only one with this problem! It is true that I may be able to
alter these but at a risk of damaging whatever they are coated with. The
best I have found so far are Tenson size 8 (fit waist and hip), but I am
afraid I do not have the legs of a giraffe.

Thanks
Jay

Old November 3rd 03, 08:00 PM
Jay Overlake

Fran wrote:
Try the Outdoor Shop chain, which used to be known as the Scout
Shops. They ought to have a range of children's clothing, which
will cover a large range of sizes - have you seen some of today's
teenagers? - and, because they're intended for children, don't
attract VAT.

Thanks Fran I'll certainly try this, - and I'm not worried about wearing
kiddies clothes, I've done it before!

Old November 7th 03, 11:20 AM
Steve Collier

"Jay Overlake" wrote in message
Fran wrote:
Try the Outdoor Shop chain, which used to be known as the Scout
Shops. They ought to have a range of children's clothing, which
will cover a large range of sizes - have you seen some of today's
teenagers? - and, because they're intended for children, don't
attract VAT.

Thanks Fran I'll certainly try this, - and I'm not worried about wearing
kiddies clothes, I've done it before!

Anyone got any suggestions for men? I generally look for 29" waist and 30"
leg. I have several pairs of Rohans, which I virtually live in, but I don't
want people thinking I only have one pair of trousers! Anyway, even on the
Rohans the waist is a bit too big and I have to wear a belt. But I do like
them a lot because of the multiple and zipped pockets, quick drying, etc.
Any suggestions? Preferably with a web-shopping site.

TIA,
SteveC