Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast

Old April 8th 09, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

Default Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast

Just a reminder: tomorrow, 2000h, BBC4
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old April 9th 09, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Boo

PeterC wrote:
Just a reminder: tomorrow, 2000h, BBC4

Timer set, thanks !

--
Boo
Old April 9th 09, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_3_]

In message , Boo
writes
PeterC wrote:
Just a reminder: tomorrow, 2000h, BBC4

Timer set, thanks !

Uh -Oh! My Digiguide says 20:30.

Check again and adjust timer if necessary.
8-)

(Partly clashes with Coast)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old April 10th 09, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
PeterC

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:39:32 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

In message , Boo
writes
PeterC wrote:
Just a reminder: tomorrow, 2000h, BBC4

Timer set, thanks !

Uh -Oh! My Digiguide says 20:30.

Check again and adjust timer if necessary.
8-)

(Partly clashes with Coast)

Sorry!
Old April 10th 09, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Phil Cook[_2_]

PeterC wrote:
Just a reminder: tomorrow, 2000h, BBC4

Timer set, thanks !

Uh -Oh! My Digiguide says 20:30.

Check again and adjust timer if necessary.
8-)

(Partly clashes with Coast)

Sorry!

If you have missed it there is another chance to see it on Sunday,

I've set my PVR to search for it and will now have umpteen recordings
of it set until I can figure out which time day slot is best for me
with respect to clashing with recording other less repeated stuff.

21:30 ends 22:00 - BBC Four
Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast: Gateway to the Lakes.
Documentary.
Julia Bradbury follows in the footsteps of guidebook writer Alfred
Wainwright by walking across the whole of northern England. Enthusiasm
is high as Julia begins her adventure at the western extremity of
northern England, St Bees Head. The west Cumbrian coast is an
industrial strip lying just outside the Lake District, but as Julia
reaches the doorway to Wainwright's favourite playground the weather
deteriorates, leaving her to tackle her first Lakeland valley in
appalling conditions. (Repeat ad infinitum...)
--
Phil Cook, last hill: Carn a Caim on the east side of the Drumochter Pass
http://www.therewaslight.co.uk
Old April 10th 09, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon H[_3_]

In message , Phil Cook
writes

If you have missed it there is another chance to see it on Sunday,

I've set my PVR to search for it and will now have umpteen recordings
of it set until I can figure out which time day slot is best for me
with respect to clashing with recording other less repeated stuff.

21:30 ends 22:00 - BBC Four

I recorded it, but it the time-honoured traditions of BBC TV, there was
a trailer of some kind at the beginning, occupying at least 90 seconds,
so my 30 minute recording cut off as she pointed to what I assume was
her destination village. :-(

I'll try again on Sunday, but modify the end time...

Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast: Gateway to the Lakes.
Documentary.
Julia Bradbury follows in the footsteps of guidebook writer Alfred
Wainwright by walking across the whole of northern England. Enthusiasm
is high as Julia begins her adventure at the western extremity of
northern England, St Bees Head. The west Cumbrian coast is an
industrial strip lying just outside the Lake District, but as Julia
reaches the doorway to Wainwright's favourite playground the weather
deteriorates, leaving her to tackle her first Lakeland valley in
appalling conditions. (Repeat ad infinitum...)

I hope we aren't going to get the usual repeat preamble each week...

There were clips of Wainwright and that bearded bloke who accompanied
him on some TV walks, interjected briefly during the half hour.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply