Proper form for using a kickboard

Old December 12th 03, 01:39 PM
Shahin Malekpour

Default "Flow"

"rtk" wrote

Shahin Malekpour wrote:

"rtk" wrote:

Shahin Malekpour wrote:

I am a Buddhist, a Christian, a Hindu, a Moslem,
a Zoroastrian, a pagan, an agnostic. And I am none.

Ummm.....and the brother of Isiah?

Ruth Kazez

Not sure about that. Genetically, I am indo-European.

What I meant was that you included the world's major religions,
including that begun by Isiah, but not his brother Isaac.

I realised my omission of the Jewish faith when it was too late.
I hold as much respect for the Jewish faith, as for nay idea that
promotes humanity. I understood your hint. But you probably
meant to write "brother of *Ishmael*" who of course was "Isaac".
Jews and Arabs are Semitic half-brothers, and we Persians have
learnt to co-exist with them in a region bloodied not in small
measure due to their patrimonial hostilities.

You resemble that photo? Wow!!!! That's very nice, indeed.

Resembled. 30 years ago. But I am pleased to say that thanks to
swimming and sports, I have managed to maintain something of it.
Aurelius in his later years was bearded with a great contemplative
stature. I am an ordinary man whose only moment of contemplation
is when he is looking for his glasses.

Ruth K

Shahin

Old December 12th 03, 02:05 PM
rtk

Shahin Malekpour wrote:

Not sure about that. Genetically, I am indo-European.

My husband was also of two continents, on a daily basis. He lived in
Asia, crossed the Bosphorus to go school in Europe, and went back to
Asia in the evening.

how could I have made such a dumb mistake?! Of course I meant Ishmael.

Today, with great trepidation, I'm dipping my lame back into the pool
and hope I don't overdo. Ha, as if my middle name were not *overdo*.
I hope your back is improving as well.

Ruth Kazez

Old December 12th 03, 03:05 PM
Shahin Malekpour

"rtk" wrote:

Shahin Malekpour wrote:

Not sure about that. Genetically, I am indo-European.

My husband was also of two continents, on a daily basis. He lived in
Asia, crossed the Bosphorus to go school in Europe, and went back to
Asia in the evening.

If I am right, your husband belongs to the great Kurdish people. The
Kurds have a distinct culture with rich ethnic and religious diversity.
Their land is majestic and bountiful. I lived there for two years during
my early teens, when my father was sent there on a mission. The great
cultures of Scythians and Medes have left imperishable marks on these
highlanders, whose hearts still beat. I have more of the Kurdish blood
in me than Persian. But I consider myself more Persian than Kurd, for
the dominant culture in me is Persian.

how could I have made such a dumb mistake?! Of course I meant Ishmael.

Today, with great trepidation, I'm dipping my lame back into the pool
and hope I don't overdo. Ha, as if my middle name were not *overdo*.

Take heart! It will do you good. Last night I had the whole lane to
myself streaming along in ecstatic "flow". Really! ... Were it not for
my bad back over the last few days (and I did not sleep last night either),
I would not have been able to experience the pleasure of communicating
with some of the best minds on r.s.s., for which I am ever more enriched.

I hope your back is improving as well.

"It only hurts when I laugh"

Ruth Kazez

Shahin

ChiRunning & Run Tall Run Easy: 2 New Books + DVD on Proper Running Form and Style Ozzie Gontang Running 1 April 10th 04 04:22 PM
Proper Form PageWithStuff.com Weights 2 January 30th 04 05:15 PM
beginner - how'm i doin? weaklingX Weights 6 December 28th 03 02:04 AM
Update: People who are thinking & teaching about Proper Running Form and Style Ozzie Gontang Running 14 December 15th 03 05:09 AM
Some people I like who think: proper running form and style Ozzie Gontang Running 17 October 29th 03 05:28 PM