Best books/ mags for tri

Old February 11th 04, 04:29 AM
curt

Default Best books/ mags for tri

I am wondering what people feel is the best book to learn as much as I can
about preparing for a triathlon from what to expect, training, transition,
heart rate issues and so on. Any good reads out there?

Also, what about a good magazine? Any good tri mags that are good reads?

Sorry I have so many questions. I am just wanting to read as much as I can,
that way I won't have to bother you fine folks as much. I was reading Total
Immersion by Terry Laughlin at the book store and I ended up buying it. Very
interesting reading and I am sure I need much improvement on being more
efficient. Biking will be something that I need lots of work on and I have
been told it is the most important due to how much time you can cut.

Enjoying the start to a new adventure. Thanks for your help here so far.
Curt

Old February 11th 04, 02:10 PM
BBB

The Triathlete's Training Bible - Joe Friel ... very good book.

At a couple of races I've gotten 'American TRI' ... not a bad read.

BBB

Old February 12th 04, 03:01 AM
Chris

On 2004-02-11, BBB wrote:

At a couple of races I've gotten 'American TRI' ... not a bad read.

I'd have to disagree. I personally think American Tri is terrible.
Triathlete and Inside Triathlon are much better magazines, IMO.

Lyle's books Babba Rom Dos Weights 312 April 14th 04 06:09 PM
ChiRunning & Run Tall Run Easy: 2 New Books + DVD on Proper Running Form and Style Ozzie Gontang Running 1 April 10th 04 05:22 PM
Great Books Max Kallio Weights 7 November 8th 03 04:49 AM
Books, mags or FAQ (sorry newbie) curt Swimming 8 August 1st 03 08:59 AM
Really Good Books For Beginner? Matti Kolu Weights 3 July 8th 03 10:50 PM