Wetsuit Modification

Old June 11th 04, 05:11 AM
Ironic

Default Wetsuit Modification

No good deed goes unpunished. I bought my girlfriend a wetsuit, which
cannot be returned. It is an Xterra, and the neckline, unfortunately,
is like a turtleneck, which has resulted in a claustrophobic feeling,
followed by near panic of two occasions. This is my fault, of course,
because I bought the wetsuit (about $250.00). My Ironman is a lower
cut. ("How come mine isn't cut low like yours?"). Obviously it can be
cut back, but then it would have to be refinished so it doesn't cut,
bind, dig into her. Any ideas? Are there professionals that do this
kind of work?

Greg

Old June 11th 04, 06:33 PM
Susan in LA

Beyond the obvious ebay solution.....have you contacted a wetsuit repair
shop? I haven't tried these folks yet but they sent me a reasonable and fast
repair quote:

www.expresswetsuit.com

You are very brave buying skintight attire for your girlfriend on your
own......just be glad it's only the *neck* that's too small.....the
situation could be a lot worse. :-)

Susan in LA

om...

Old June 15th 04, 10:36 PM
Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport

perhaps we can do something for you here at T1 Wetsuits.

Emilio De Soto II
858 453 6672
www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit"
Email me for a free catalog

Old June 16th 04, 02:23 AM
Ironic

"Susan in LA" wrote in message ...
Beyond the obvious ebay solution.....have you contacted a wetsuit repair
shop? I haven't tried these folks yet but they sent me a reasonable and fast
repair quote:

www.expresswetsuit.com

You are very brave buying skintight attire for your girlfriend on your
own......just be glad it's only the *neck* that's too small.....the
situation could be a lot worse. :-)

Susan in LA

"Ironic" wrote in message
om...
No good deed goes unpunished. I bought my girlfriend a wetsuit, which
cannot be returned. It is an Xterra, and the neckline, unfortunately,
is like a turtleneck, which has resulted in a claustrophobic feeling,
followed by near panic of two occasions. This is my fault, of course,
because I bought the wetsuit (about $250.00). My Ironman is a lower
cut. ("How come mine isn't cut low like yours?"). Obviously it can be
cut back, but then it would have to be refinished so it doesn't cut,
bind, dig into her. Any ideas? Are there professionals that do this
kind of work?

Greg

Not to worry, Susan. I know every inch pretty well.

BTW, the owned of Xterra either saw this post, or was made aware of it
by someone who saw it, and he E-mailed me with his name and number to
call him today. I don't know what the outcome will be, but how nice
for the owner to be that concerned--it isn't even a "defect" issue.

Greg

Old June 17th 04, 08:02 AM
IMKen

"Ironic" wrote in message
om...

BTW, the owned of Xterra either saw this post, or was made aware of it
by someone who saw it, and he E-mailed me with his name and number to
call him today. I don't know what the outcome will be, but how nice
for the owner to be that concerned--it isn't even a "defect" issue.

Greg

If he doesn't then you better jump on Emilio's offer. He will surely make
it right.

ken