Wetsuit definition?

Old June 17th 04, 03:07 PM
JeffK

Default Wetsuit definition?

What is the definition for a "wetsuit" in triathlon? I recently
purchased a Sugoi "wireless tri suit"
(http://www.sugoi.ca/consumer/product...4724&color=F1R)-
would this be considered a wetsuit, and be subject to water temperature
regulations in competition?

thanks,
jeff
Old June 17th 04, 07:42 PM
Witheld

JeffK wrote in message m...
What is the definition for a "wetsuit" in triathlon? I recently
purchased a Sugoi "wireless tri suit"
thanks,
jeff

A wetsuit is what the referee says is a wetsuit; that keeps it simple.
However, the thing you bought does not look like a wetsuit. It looks
'something' like DeSoto's tri-suits, not as stylish though.

If a race is designated "no-wetsuit" because of water temp, etc. then
your swimsuit/tri-suit MAY have to meet a bouyancy test.

If you have concerns, the (pre-race) test usually consists of the
referee wrapping your suit around his keys and tossing them in a pool.
If it sinks, it is not a wetsuit.

I have never known of a swimsuit's bouyancy being disputed; I suspect
that very few ask the ref to test theirs either.

I don't think you'll have a (legality) problem with your example, but
I won't be your ref either.

rsquared