For attn of Peewiglet: Pics of my Akto

Old October 30th 04, 01:05 PM
Judith

Default For attn of Peewiglet: Pics of my Akto

I finally had half an hour free when it was daylight and not raining,
so here are some pictures of my Akto:

http://hometown.aol.com/goofif

Look in the AKTO folder.

You were right .... the strutts at the end *ARE* sloping outwards.

I've commented the photos. I'm going out now, but will be back later
to take abuse about how bad I am at putting up tents.

(BTW, I hope the pics aren't too slow to load for anyone on dial-up)

Judith
Old October 30th 04, 02:02 PM
Paul Saunders

Judith wrote:

http://hometown.aol.com/goofif/Outdo...omTentCarnedds.
html

You call that a photograph? Give up now! ;-)

Seriously Judith, it might help if you pitch your tent somewhere that
actually has a view! ;-)

The sunset shot is quite nice though, so maybe you aren't a completely
lost cause... :-)

Paul
--
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

Old October 30th 04, 02:10 PM
SteveO

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:05:26 +0100, Judith
wrote:

I finally had half an hour free when it was daylight and not raining,
so here are some pictures of my Akto:

Pink guys, Judith? Stylish!!

(BTW, I hope the pics aren't too slow to load for anyone on dial-up)

The AOL server is very slow so if folk do have problems its prolly
that which is at fault.

As an aside from the reasons you took/posted the pics I found them v.
interesting for gettting a [good] feel for the tent... useful for
someone who might be looking for a tent, or someone who's interested
in kit (did I say gear hound? ;-)

SteveO

NE Climbers & walkers chat forum;
http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk
Old October 30th 04, 04:56 PM
Phil Cook

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:02:08 +0100, Paul Saunders wrote:

Judith wrote:

http://hometown.aol.com/goofif/Outdo...omTentCarnedds.
html

You call that a photograph? Give up now! ;-)

Seriously Judith, it might help if you pitch your tent somewhere that
actually has a view! ;-)

That view captures the essence of the Carneddau though. Long bleak
hills with lots of boggy bits.

Give it a bit of processing and it looks a lot better...

http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/...-view-copy.jpg

....contrast mask, levels adjustments to make the colour more dramatic,
sharpening and I cloned out the wires where they haven't been blown
out by the overexposure of the sky.

Old October 30th 04, 05:25 PM
Judith

wrote:

You call that a photograph? Give up now! ;-)

Seriously Judith, it might help if you pitch your tent somewhere that
actually has a view! ;-)

Guffaw! I think I may have a future as a troll. "Hey, Paul. I've
taken some really nice photographs .... could you take a look,
please". ;-)

It took half an hour to find somewhere that was flat enough and
bog-less enough to pitch ...... and if I was careful which way I
looked, I couldn't see the pylons. It was the first time I'd walked
with a camera and I only remembered I had it with me when I pitched
the tent ..... so I took that picture and one of my boots. (I can
post the pic of the boots if you ask really nicely).

The sunset shot is quite nice though, so maybe you aren't a completely
lost cause... :-)

Oh, I am. Believe me!

Judith
Old October 30th 04, 05:27 PM
Judith

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:56:10 +0100, Phil Cook
wrote:

That view captures the essence of the Carneddau though. Long bleak
hills with lots of boggy bits.

Yup, that's them.

Give it a bit of processing and it looks a lot better...

http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/...-view-copy.jpg

...contrast mask, levels adjustments to make the colour more dramatic,
sharpening and I cloned out the wires where they haven't been blown
out by the overexposure of the sky.

Coo! If only I could be bothered to do that!

Judith (Laziest "photographer"[1] in town)

[1] FSVO "photographer"
Old October 30th 04, 05:33 PM
Judith

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:10:16 +0100, SteveO wrote:

The AOL server is very slow so if folk do have problems its prolly
that which is at fault.

Sorry. I had legitimate reasons for being on AOL but it's probably
time I moved to a grown-ups ISP.

As an aside from the reasons you took/posted the pics I found them v.
interesting for gettting a [good] feel for the tent... useful for
someone who might be looking for a tent, or someone who's interested
in kit (did I say gear hound? ;-)

Gear hound? Where *is* Peewiglet?!

Judith
Old October 30th 04, 06:24 PM
Paul Saunders

Phil Cook wrote:

That view captures the essence of the Carneddau though. Long bleak
hills with lots of boggy bits.

Not unlike the Beacons in fact...

...contrast mask, levels adjustments to make the colour more dramatic,
sharpening and I cloned out the wires where they haven't been blown
out by the overexposure of the sky.

Which unfortunately is beyond help...

Paul

Old November 2nd 04, 09:42 PM
Peewiglet

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:33:16 +0100, Judith
wrote:

Gear hound? Where *is* Peewiglet?!

fx: squeal! Akto piccies!

Many thanks indeed for the most helpful and interesting piccies! Your
outer looks much less wrinkled than mine. (Hmm... that doesn't sound
quite right, somehow, but I can't quite put my finger on it....
probably best leave well alone...)

Last w/e I thought more carefully about how I was putting the tent up,
and I realised that I've recently stopped tightening the strap next to
the pole, for some unaccountable reason... When I tightened it, the
outer looked much less slack. Also, I tried harder to make sure that
the groundsheet was square on the ground, and that seemed to help too.
In fact, I thought my little tent looked really quite inviting and
cozy: I took some pic's, which I'll dig out and stick up sometime soon
:-)

I like that commenting thingy you can do with your pic's - it's very
helpful. Thanks again!

p.s. you seem to have taken down the one with the view, though!

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
Old November 2nd 04, 09:43 PM
Peewiglet

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:10:16 +0100, SteveO wrote:

As an aside from the reasons you took/posted the pics I found them v.
interesting for gettting a [good] feel for the tent... useful for
someone who might be looking for a tent,

Looking for a tent, eh?? Are you thinking of a change?

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~