Hudson Video

Old November 4th 03, 04:47 AM
John Hanson

Default Hudson Video

I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

I've also have another pick of those deadlift helper pickup
thingamajigs there. Actually, there is about 15 minutes left before
everything is FTPed there.
Old November 4th 03, 12:04 PM
Aaron

"John Hanson" wrote in message
I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

I've also have another pick of those deadlift helper pickup
thingamajigs there. Actually, there is about 15 minutes left before
everything is FTPed there.

for somebody who doesnt get much of an arch, you seem to push the weight a
bit much towards your feet. Is it the shirt pulling you outta the groove
you want, or are you trying to push it up in a straight line?
--
Aaron

Old November 4th 03, 08:00 PM
John Hanson

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:04:36 +1300, "Aaron" hunt354 at hotmail dot
com wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

"John Hanson" wrote in message
.. .
I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

I've also have another pick of those deadlift helper pickup
thingamajigs there. Actually, there is about 15 minutes left before
everything is FTPed there.

for somebody who doesnt get much of an arch, you seem to push the weight a
bit much towards your feet. Is it the shirt pulling you outta the groove
you want, or are you trying to push it up in a straight line?

I just try to push it up. I'm going to experiment with one of Shawn's
NGX+ shirts in the next few weeks and see if it makes much of a
difference.

Old November 4th 03, 08:14 PM
Kirk Roy

John Hanson wrote:
I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

You got stuck pretty far up in your squat (from what I could tell). What's
the weakness related to that sticking point? Seems like glutes to me (not
driving the hips through).

Seems like you start your DLs with a round back and just get rounder as
the lift goes on (until the lockout). Your shoulders look pretty well
forward too.

I'm going to have to see about getting video of my lifts at the next meet.
Lots to see in your's...

Kirk
Old November 4th 03, 08:24 PM
John Hanson

On 4 Nov 2003 19:14:54 GMT, Kirk Roy wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

John Hanson wrote:
I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

You got stuck pretty far up in your squat (from what I could tell). What's
the weakness related to that sticking point? Seems like glutes to me (not
driving the hips through).

I'm thinking its the quads. I think that's the reason my ass comes up
so high in the deadlift too. I don't have the quad strength at the
bottom. I could be wrong though.

Seems like you start your DLs with a round back and just get rounder as
the lift goes on (until the lockout). Your shoulders look pretty well
forward too.

Terrible looking aren't they. I let the shoulders go forward on
purpose...the round back I don't. The shoulder thing is a Shawn Cain
trick. Try to make the arms as long as possible so you have better
leverage at the bottom.

I'm going to have to see about getting video of my lifts at the next meet.
Lots to see in your's...

I was shocked at my deadlift even though everybody gives me **** about
my ass coming up. Did you happen to see the chick in the background
of my 425? She seems to be trying to help me lock out my deadlift.
She's pretty hot too. I was checking her out earlier:-)

Kirk

Old November 4th 03, 08:25 PM
Keith Hobman

In article , Kirk Roy
wrote:

John Hanson wrote:
I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

You got stuck pretty far up in your squat (from what I could tell). What's
the weakness related to that sticking point? Seems like glutes to me (not
driving the hips through).

Glutes, ileopsoas.

Seems like you start your DLs with a round back and just get rounder as
the lift goes on (until the lockout). Your shoulders look pretty well
forward too.

Looks like the suit is pulling him forward and he can't get back against
it. The shoulder thing isn't really bad, but the back is rounded.

I'm going to have to see about getting video of my lifts at the next meet.
Lots to see in your's...

Kirk

--
Keith Hobman

--- email address above is a non-monitored spam sink.
Old November 4th 03, 11:33 PM
DanL

"John Hanson" wrote in message
news
I just try to push it up. I'm going to experiment with one of Shawn's
NGX+ shirts in the next few weeks and see if it makes much of a
difference.

The Fury is way different than the Inzer. It's an elbows in/ low groove
shirt. Mine takes 315/325 to touch by rowing it down hard the last couple
inches. It's an awesome shirt. My only problem is my touch weight and my
best in it of 385x2 don't leave a lot of room for practicing in it. I did a
couple weeks of triples, then a couple weeks of doubles to ramp up for my
meet this weekend, hopefully it works.

Nice job at the meet btw!

Dan

Old November 5th 03, 03:28 AM
Will

In article ,
"DanL" wrote:

"John Hanson" wrote in message
news
I just try to push it up. I'm going to experiment with one of Shawn's
NGX+ shirts in the next few weeks and see if it makes much of a
difference.

The Fury is way different than the Inzer. It's an elbows in/ low groove
shirt. Mine takes 315/325 to touch by rowing it down hard the last couple
inches. It's an awesome shirt. My only problem is my touch weight and my
best in it of 385x2 don't leave a lot of room for practicing in it. I did a
couple weeks of triples, then a couple weeks of doubles to ramp up for my
meet this weekend, hopefully it works.

Nice job at the meet btw!

Dan

What size Fury do you wear and how long did it take you to get to the
point where you could touch "just" 325? I tried out a 46 NXG+ for one
workout (at bw ~225) and couldn't get anything less than 405 to touch
(and even that was a struggle) and since that was more than I could
lockout, I sold it to someone with a meet coming up (at a handsome
profit - sometimes I love the fact Titan is so slow!).
Old November 5th 03, 03:57 AM
DanL

"Will" wrote in message

What size Fury do you wear and how long did it take you to get to the
point where you could touch "just" 325? I tried out a 46 NXG+ for one
workout (at bw ~225) and couldn't get anything less than 405 to touch
(and even that was a struggle) and since that was more than I could
lockout, I sold it to someone with a meet coming up (at a handsome
profit - sometimes I love the fact Titan is so slow!).

Will, my Fury is a 48. I'm about 250 but pretty tall (6') so you could be
bigger around than I am which would make it harder to get anything to touch.
My chest is 50- how about yours? If its close to my chest size using a 46
shirt would be the reason you had problems. The arms are tight on it- it's
the hardest part to get on. I use baby powder and my 260lb son is pulling
hard to get them seated. Did you order the meet or competition fit? I think
when you order the competition fit they send you a smaller size. I ordered a
meet fit.

I was able to get 315 to touch with a hard row down to the chest when I 1st
tried it but that was before I learned a lot of the tricks to get the most
out of it. Now I'm getting it seated better, it's a harder to touch-325
barely makes it- I'd never use that as a meet rep. It takes 345+ to really
touch without rowing it down. I'm also pulling the front of the shirt down
as much as I can and cinching it with the belt which makes it take more
weight to touch.

You going to try another one, maybe a bigger size? I felt when I got this
that it was almost too much shirt for me but between training to get the
most out of it and working with it more, it's just about right now.

Dan

Old November 5th 03, 04:31 AM
Kirk Roy

John Hanson wrote:
I've posted all but my last bench attempt he
http://www.northernlinks.com/yohan/Hudson2003/

You got stuck pretty far up in your squat (from what I could tell). What's
the weakness related to that sticking point? Seems like glutes to me (not
driving the hips through).

I'm thinking its the quads. I think that's the reason my ass comes up
so high in the deadlift too. I don't have the quad strength at the
bottom. I could be wrong though.

I don't really see the quads as being it. Make your hips move and your
knees will follow. You've got so much more muscle mass in the glutes/hams
so better take advantage of it.

Seems like you start your DLs with a round back and just get rounder as
the lift goes on (until the lockout). Your shoulders look pretty well
forward too.

Terrible looking aren't they. I let the shoulders go forward on
purpose...the round back I don't. The shoulder thing is a Shawn Cain
trick. Try to make the arms as long as possible so you have better
leverage at the bottom.

Hmmm, I may have to give the trick some consideration.

I'm going to have to see about getting video of my lifts at the next meet.
Lots to see in your's...

I was shocked at my deadlift even though everybody gives me **** about
my ass coming up.

Yeah, looks like lots of room for some basic work there. Get that under
control and I'll bet you see a big jump (AFTER it's under control).

Did you happen to see the chick in the background
of my 425? She seems to be trying to help me lock out my deadlift.
She's pretty hot too. I was checking her out earlier:-)

She's all of 1" tall on my 21" monitor so, no, I didn't really notice her
until you pointed her out. However, I would say FOCUS!

Kirk

Kettlebell Snatch Video Steve Freides Aerobic 0 March 5th 04 06:27 PM
OPC 's and You ... Watch Free Video J .A. Jurison Aerobic 0 November 30th 03 09:16 PM
OPC 's and You ... Watch Free Video J .A. Jurison Walking 0 November 30th 03 09:14 PM
Aerobic video Melissa G Aerobic 2 September 22nd 03 12:04 AM
MUSIC VIDEO CASTING BUFF GUYS Theresa Weights 1 August 28th 03 11:48 PM