Difference between Total Gym 1500, Anniversary and Platinum edition?

Old September 10th 03, 05:58 PM
James Wong

Default Difference between Total Gym 1500, Anniversary and Platinum edition?

I am interested in buying a Total Gym. I like the idea of using a % of
your own weight to act as the resistance. It is good for winter in NJ
and I need some exercise.

I see my local sporting goods company selling a Total Gym 1500 for
$250. I also see a Total Gym Anniversary Edition for $264 (including
shipping) and a Total Gym Platinum with higher retail value than the
Anniversary edition for $251 (including shipping).

What is the difference between the 3 Total Gym (1500, Anniversary and
Platinum)?

Thanks in advance.
Old September 10th 03, 07:40 PM
Steve Freides

James Wong wrote:

I am interested in buying a Total Gym. I like the idea of using a % of
your own weight to act as the resistance. It is good for winter in NJ
and I need some exercise.

I see my local sporting goods company selling a Total Gym 1500 for
$250. I also see a Total Gym Anniversary Edition for $264 (including
shipping) and a Total Gym Platinum with higher retail value than the
Anniversary edition for $251 (including shipping).

What is the difference between the 3 Total Gym (1500, Anniversary and
Platinum)?

Please keep in mind there are a *lot* of things you can get for $250
with which to exercise indoors. The simples and cheapest would be a
pair of adjustable dumbbells and some weights. Another option is an
Olympic barbell set plus Pavel Tsatsouline's "Power To The People!"
book. Another would be a kettlebell or two plus the Russian Kettlebell
Challenge video, info available from my site at http://www.kbnj.com.
(The PTTP book/video can be had through the links on my site as well.)

More options - a jump rope; a few bands from http://www.jumpstretch.com
and some of their videos; clubbells and a video from www.clubbell.tv.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com
Old October 5th 03, 06:24 PM
David Hogan

I have the TotalGym Platinum I purchased from QVC and I am quite
pleased with it. There is a lot more to actually DOING a workout than
listening to people bash a product. I am a 43 year old former all
state football player that had gotten extremely overwight 325 on a 6'
frame. I got the weight down to 220 over an 8 months period mainly by
flooding my body with water constantly.

Now that most of the undesirable weight is gone it is time to tone up,
and the total gym is easy to setup, put away, and actually USE. For
all the advice you will get about this is better and this does better
workouts, you have to USE the device for it to do any good. I am
using mine and feel better already.

I have a membership to our local gym with nautilus, free weights and
all that other I was familiar with though playing football, but I USE
my total gym. So think about ease of use, where you will be
exercising and many other factors other than just this is better than
this stuff, and most of all GOOD LUCK!

David