Guide book pouch?

Old May 3rd 10, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon[_5_]

Default Guide book pouch?

Does anyone know of a pouch that will fit onto a rucksack waist/hip belt to
take a standard sized guide book?

Old May 5th 10, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

Gordon wrote:
Does anyone know of a pouch that will fit onto a rucksack waist/hip belt
to take a standard sized guide book?

When I want something like this I usually wander into Tiso's etc. and
they've usually got a selection of stuff from Lifeventure/Eagle
Creek/Lowe etc. where there's often /something/ that will do the trick.

IME best to check these out in person: pictures on the web have a habit
of not quite showing the size and mounting as well as you'd like.

The subject reminds me of the notebook pocket my mum made for my breeks
when I was doing undergrad field work. A simple pocket isn't exactly
rocket science and a local seamstress could probably run you one up in a
few minutes.

Ortlieb do waterproof stuff for this, which may well be worth having.
See
http://www.ortlieb.de/index_white.ph...e=p-search.php
and while they usually assume a neck sling the bags have eyelets and it
shouldn't be too hard to contrive them onto a pack belt.

HTH, Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old May 5th 10, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Gordon[_5_]

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Gordon wrote:
Does anyone know of a pouch that will fit onto a rucksack waist/hip belt
to take a standard sized guide book?

When I want something like this I usually wander into Tiso's etc. and
they've usually got a selection of stuff from Lifeventure/Eagle
Creek/Lowe etc. where there's often /something/ that will do the trick.

IME best to check these out in person: pictures on the web have a habit
of not quite showing the size and mounting as well as you'd like.

Thanks - unfortunately I am MILES away from any decent outdoor shops - the
nearest reasonable ones are 35 miles away...that's a long way to go for a
10 item.... ;-)

MUSCLEHEAD GUIDE tsswany Weights 0 February 19th 08 10:11 PM
McRoberts book posted in a.b.e-book Arch Weights 0 April 17th 05 01:25 AM
Packet meals, pouch meals and tins and other stuff Rik Walking in the UK 4 August 30th 04 09:27 AM
Losing a pouch Healthy Stealthy ; General 3 May 26th 04 12:56 AM
New Fitness Guide Jane Smith General 1 February 17th 04 06:43 AM