muscles in swimming

Old August 17th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Bill[_4_]

Default muscles in swimming

"Nelson" wrote in message

Over the last years, I have been developing a pain/disconfort in the
left triceps during front crawl. I am not sure about the triceps, but
it feel like that general region. The disconfort bother my crawl, but
backstroke and a little breast or dolphin are ok! I prefer to do
mainly long distance crawl and I use the other styles just to relax.

Now I bought a pair of 10kg dumbells, as it seems that exercises like
"reverse arm curl" help with the pain. My question is: anyone have a
exercise rotine especific to help swimmers? I mean help as in
prevention, rehabilitation or improvement of long distance swimming.

I haven't swam in about 6 months, but in that time I tried to do 50 push
ups, and 50 pull downs on a bow flex, an 50 dumb bell side delts on a
regular basis 3 to 4 times a week. I also run 3-5 miles a day 3 to 4 days a
week as well. I swam for the first time a month ago and it was like I didn't
have any time off at all.

Old August 17th 10, 10:08 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Duncan Heenan

"Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Nelson" wrote in message

[...]

50 push ups in 6 months isn't much!

Old August 17th 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Bill[_4_]

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message
"Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Nelson" wrote in message

[...]

Do them every day and it starts to add up.

Old August 20th 10, 07:13 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Bill[_4_]

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 17, 6:15 am, "Bill" wrote:
"Nelson" wrote in message

[...]

It is hard to believe. What was your best 400 meter crawl time 6
months ago, and what can you do now?

I don't swim competetively. I have access to a pool that is 30 ft. and I
measure distance by counting there and backs. 88 there and backs to a mile.
Admittedly I wasn't as fast as 6 months ago, but I swam pretty hard and
wasn't that sore the next day. Again I am an amateur and fast for me might
be dog paddling to you. A workout for me is 1/2 hour to do a half mile or an
hour to do a mile. The point I was trying to make was by doing high
repetition exercises for upper body and a routine of running, time out from
the pool comes back pretty quick. I started at an 1/8 of a mile in 8
minutes, 1/4 mile in 15, and 3/8 mile in 23. tomorrow I start doing 1/2
miles in 1/2 hour. It won't be long before I will be doing 60 minute miles.
There are some days I will run for an hour, bike for an hour and swim for an
hour. The older I get the more satisfaction I get out of endurance exercise.

Old August 20th 10, 08:46 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Bill[_4_]

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 8:13 am, "Bill" wrote:
"MW Smith" wrote in message

On Aug 17, 6:15 am, "Bill" wrote:

"Nelson" wrote in message

[...]

Perhaps I was overexuberent about offseason exercise, but I am enjoying a
pain free come back. Trying to emphasize that point rather than imply push
ups, pull ups, dumbell work, and running replace swimming when you cannot
swim. I have designed my swimming program around the routine I use to stay
in shape for the paddling necessary for surfing. It doesn't replace
paddling, it just works the muscles I use for paddling when I cannot paddle.
When I get a chance to surf, I can get in a 2 hour session without any pain.
When I return to the pool it comes back faster than if I had not trained.

Old November 10th 10, 12:39 PM
samwoods622 samwoods622 is offline
Junior Member

Location: New York
Default Swimming is really very nice exercises.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill[_4_] View Post
"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 8:13 am, "Bill" wrote:
"MW Smith" wrote in message

On Aug 17, 6:15 am, "Bill" wrote:

[...]

Swimming is really very nice exercises to keep your body healthy and fit.
Old November 13th 10, 06:40 AM
juliaanthen juliaanthen is offline
Junior Member

I am doing swimming and other exercise daily for 1 and half hours. Swimming is best exercises for every one who want to stay healthy and fit. But after swimming must have to wash hair and body with normal water.
__________________
best place to buy phentermine
Old April 21st 11, 07:01 AM
James Anderson James Anderson is offline
Junior Member

It is a real exercise and here we need to show our talent because swimming looks easy but it is not easy when we entered in the water then real test starts. And it helps in making muscles.
personal trainer tampa
Old May 27th 11, 10:23 PM
neonpatrick neonpatrick is offline
Banned

Swimming is really so nice exercise .Swimming regularly helps in increasing the hight.It is an nice physical exercise and helps in maintaining strong muscle.Swimming is the only exercise which can be done any time in the day.It is good for the health and for the skin.It helps in circulation of the blood flow in the body.
Old May 28th 11, 09:25 AM
Adlen Adlen is offline
Banned

I don't have lot of information about swimming because i don't know how to swim.But now i will try to do swimming.Well it is a good discussion about swimming and muscles.I have learned so much with it.thanks for posting.Can some one tell me how to swim? Share with me some tips for it. thanks.Reply soon.