Music on a treadmill?

Old September 16th 03, 06:00 AM
Sandy

Default Music on a treadmill?

Hi! Everyone,
I've started walking,,,,,,,and intend to walk outside when the weather is
great,,,,,,and go to the gym when it's not! How do people listen to music
and walk on the treadmill.??
When I'm in the gym, I'm wearing gym shorts,,,,(no pockets),,,,,,so how do
you guys,carry your CD player?? while you/re walking? I know,,,,,stupid
question,,,but I'm serious,,,,,,,,I think that with Music,,,,I'd probably
walk a lot longer,,,,,,with more energy,,,,,,,,,I love the Temptations.
So give me a clue,
Thanks.
I appreciate any advice.
Sandy

Old September 16th 03, 12:13 PM
John Dunlop

Rita wrote:

I bought a tiny mp3 player -- download music files from my computer
to the player. It goes in a pocket and has a control that clips onto a
shirt. Ear buds. It is only about 3" x 2-1/2 inches in size and very thin.

Ditto. They're excellent, aren't they? I recommend purchasing one.

If you don't have pockets, I guess you could put onein a fanny
pack or some kind of pouch around your neck.

CD players are often weighty and cumbersome, so hanging one round
your neck might be a tad obstructive, especially if you're walking
briskly.

I've an inkling these are equally impractical solutions, but you
might try clipping it onto the waistband of your shorts, if that's
not too uncomfortable. Or find an inconceivably lengthy pair of
earphones and sit your CD player on the ground or a table whilst you
walk on the treadmill; or, indeed, use wireless earphones. ;-)

Wear shorts with pockets.

--
Jock
Old September 16th 03, 03:57 PM
bj

There are fanny-pack and arm-band style players or pouches. Check in a
sports-stuff store.
bj

.. .

Old September 17th 03, 12:59 AM
Sandy

Thanks everyone for your great ideas.
Will be walking to music soon.
Sandy
"bj" wrote in message
There are fanny-pack and arm-band style players or pouches. Check in a
sports-stuff store.
bj

.. .

Old October 6th 03, 03:19 AM
carrie333

http://www.walkingshop.com/cgi-bin/rrs/ws/wsHome.jsp

then click on holders!

.. .

Treadmill headrush? Help Me Aerobic 6 February 2nd 19 12:08 PM
Replacing treadmill belt K. C. Aerobic 4 September 23rd 13 07:05 PM
treadmill variances Cheeena Aerobic 1 June 26th 04 04:36 PM
Exercycle vs. treadmill? Beowulf Aerobic 1 January 6th 04 12:40 AM
Which Treadmill to buy Dr_Dickie Walking 9 July 24th 03 04:38 PM