Anyone...

Old December 27th 18, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_3_]

Default Anyone...

....still here? Actually got onto Striding Edge this year!

Seasons Greetings to All.

Graham
Old December 27th 18, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Stewart Robert Hinsley

On 27/12/2018 18:41, Graham Seed wrote:
...still here? Actually got onto Striding Edge this year!

Better than me - all I managed was Shining Tor.

Seasons Greetings to All.

Graham

--
SRH
Old December 28th 18, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

On 27/12/2018 18:41, Graham Seed wrote:
...still here? Actually got onto Striding Edge this year!

For some values of "still here"...

Children have flown the nest so I've actually started getting out more
rather than less :-)

Here's to a steadily improving 2019!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
NHS Tayside & Univ. of Dundee Ninewells Hospital & Med. School
Old December 29th 18, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Kevin

On Thursday, 27 December 2018 18:41:15 UTC, Graham Seed wrote:
...still here? Actually got onto Striding Edge this year!

Seasons Greetings to All.

Graham

Have been keeping a eye on the group by doing a weekly reminder.

Actually finished the Wainwrights this year a few days short of 25 years.

Kevin from Cornwall
Old December 30th 18, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
dave

On 29/12/2018 14:17, kevin wrote:

Actually finished the Wainwrights this year a few days short of 25 years.

Coincidentally I also completed the Wainwrights this year, though in my
case it took a little over 28 years. It's strange no longer having an
objective for climbing the fells, though it won't stop me...

Dave
Old December 31st 18, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

On 30/12/2018 18:14, Dave wrote:
On 29/12/2018 14:17, kevin wrote:

Actually finished the Wainwrights this year a few days short of 25 years.

Coincidentally I also completed the Wainwrights this year, though in my
case it took a little over 28 years. It's strange no longer having an
objective for climbing the fells, though it won't stop me...

I've managed marginally fewer than half the Munros in 30 years. I have
done some of the more interesting ones several times, and I only tick
them if I get a view from the top.
While I am notionally collecting them, the *real* objective has always
been to have a nice time!

Pete.
Old December 31st 18, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_3_]

On 31/12/2018 11:21 am, Peter Clinch wrote:
On 30/12/2018 18:14, Dave wrote:
On 29/12/2018 14:17, kevin wrote:

Actually finished the Wainwrights this year a few days short of 25
years.

Coincidentally I also completed the Wainwrights this year, though in
my case it took a little over 28 years. It's strange no longer having
an objective for climbing the fells, though it won't stop me...

I've managed marginally fewer than half the Munros in 30 years.Â* I have
done some of the more interesting ones several times, and I only tick
them if I get a view from the top.
While I am notionally collecting them, the *real* objective has always
been to have a nice time!

Pete.

A quick check on my tick list reveals I only collected 24. Too many
times I found myself drawn to the likes of The Cobbler.....

Old January 1st 19, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Maclaren[_4_]

On 30/12/2018 18:14, Dave wrote:
On 29/12/2018 14:17, kevin wrote:

Actually finished the Wainwrights this year a few days short of 25
years.

Coincidentally I also completed the Wainwrights this year, though in
my case it took a little over 28 years. It's strange no longer having
an objective for climbing the fells, though it won't stop me...

I've managed marginally fewer than half the Munros in 30 years.Â* I have
done some of the more interesting ones several times, and I only tick
them if I get a view from the top.
While I am notionally collecting them, the *real* objective has always
been to have a nice time!

A quick check on my tick list reveals I only collected 24. Too many
times I found myself drawn to the likes of The Cobbler.....

As my primary interest in upland walking is for solitude, I generally
avoid such things, though I have climbed a few.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old January 5th 19, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Bob Douglas[_3_]

"Graham Seed" wrote in message ...
...still here? Actually got onto Striding Edge this year!

Seasons Greetings to All.

Graham

I tend to look in from time to time, but Christmas seems to be the only
occasion when anyone else does ;-)

Dodgy knees mean I'm largely restricted to flat(ter) walks nowadays, but
subject to terrain, I can still knock 13-15 miles off in a day out, so I'm
not complaining.

Funnily enough, though, I also managed to lead my kids and partners up over
Striding Edge in October ('accompany' would probably be a better description
than lead :-) )

I quite surprised myself, and though the number of times must now be well
into the teens, it doesn't pale.

(Suffered a bit the next day, though).

Season's Greetings to the diminishing few.

Old January 6th 19, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_3_]

On 05/01/2019 1:50 pm, Bob Douglas wrote:
"Graham Seed"Â* wrote in message ...
...still here? Actually got onto Striding Edge this year!

Seasons Greetings to All.

Graham

I tend to look in from time to time, but Christmas seems to be the only
occasion when anyone else doesÂ* ;-)

Dodgy knees mean I'm largely restricted to flat(ter) walks nowadays, but
subject to terrain, I can still knock 13-15 miles off in a day out, so
I'm not complaining.

Funnily enough, though, I also managed to lead my kids and partners up
over Striding Edge in October ('accompany' would probably be a better
description than lead :-) )

I quite surprised myself, and though the number of times must now be
well into the teens, it doesn't pale.

(Suffered a bit the next day, though).

Season's Greetings to the diminishing few.

I can relate to the dodgy knees. Actually, back in 2000 (I think) when
urw did an 'expedition' to Snowdonia I hit a brick wall from a knee
point of view and crawled off Moel Siabod in agony. I only just got to
the pub! (some things are just too important). Anyway. an X ray at the
hospital revealed osteoarthritis and I thought, thats me stuffed.
However, I bought a couple of poles and never looked back, to the point
that I dumped the poles a few years after. Dunno what that was all about
- my knees still 'click' now, probably a really bad sign, but it seems
the remedy for dodgy knees is to go walking.

As for Striding Edge, Yes, I was up in similar circumstances and your
description echos mine. I was chuffed when, with the main exit off the
down climb blocked by a couple with two large petrified dogs, my lot
shot down a climb at the side which was fairly exposed without a murmur!
As long as my knees keep going I can see another trip over Crib Goch,
which my lad would love. Perhaps if we get a run of decent weather......

Anyone else still waiting for Profect protein? Nicole Reed Aerobic 0 April 12th 04 03:47 AM
Tendonitis Anyone Rob Bechard Aerobic 0 March 9th 04 07:35 AM
anyone try new workout videos called "Core Secrets?" by Gunnar Peterson ellegirl Aerobic 0 January 20th 04 12:35 AM
ifit anyone? lee Aerobic 0 November 12th 03 11:51 PM
Has anyone tried "Nordic Walking" Isiafs5 Aerobic 9 September 25th 03 08:42 AM