Inov-8 Trail Shoes

Old January 30th 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Inov-8 Trail Shoes

Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.

Anyone else who is wondering whether to experiment with these might be
interested in following my experiences - just go to the blog address below.

--
Andy Howell, Birmingham, UK. To mail simply put back the dots ...

Must Be Over There ...
http://www.ecotrend.org.uk/trek

Old January 31st 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

"Andy Howell" [email protected] wrote in message
news:C00441E8.48DBF%[email protected] rgDOTuk...
Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.
Andy Howell, Birmingham, UK. To mail simply put back the dots ...

Haven't seen TGO's review but recently bought a pair of Terrocs with
race vouchers I'd picked up here and there. With trail running and training
in mind I bought them to give a bit more cushioning than the studs I
normally
wear for racing.
I have to admit I agree with everything Andy says in his blog. For me
they're
perfect for training, comfortable as the day is long, whilst staying cool,
breathable
and protecting my feet from stony terrain. What's more, the unusual sole
pattern
seems to clog up far less with mud and dirt than my usual studs.
For me, they're a bit 'dead' when it comes to moving at speed, as if they
have a
governor that stops me getting into top gear, so I couldn't race in them.
But that
shouldn't affect the walkers on this group!

Old January 31st 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

"Runningfox" wrote in message

[...]

The only thing I've found with mine is that they seem a little wide in the
forefoot for me which is painful on rocky descents.

Old February 1st 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Andy Howell wrote:
Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.

Anyone else who is wondering whether to experiment with these might be
interested in following my experiences - just go to the blog address below.

Though as always, do try them on in person if you can. My fell shoes
are Innov8 Mudclaws so I don't have any particular issues with the brand
particularly, but trying on Flyrocs I just couldn't get them
comfortable, so no sale there. So I'd have to be careful with Terrocs,
rather than just assuming my comfort in the Mudclaws was all I needed to
know.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Pain! Is it the shoes? NA Running 12 November 26th 05 01:10 PM
Race Report: Dizzy Fifties Trail Run 50k Phil M. Running 37 November 26th 05 06:30 AM
Race report: Escarpment trail run Tony Running 37 August 7th 05 02:56 AM
gore-tex trail shoes Lanceandrew Running 24 December 3rd 04 07:59 PM
Best shoes for trail racing? Garth Running 30 November 29th 03 03:18 PM