Back to back...

Old September 16th 03, 07:46 PM
Top Sirloin

Default Back to back...

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:35:55 GMT, "Anna Ravenscroft" wrote:

I stood in front of the mirror for about a half hour just flexing and
looking at my back and arms from different angles.... giggle

JPEG's please.

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
Old September 16th 03, 08:35 PM
Anna Ravenscroft

So, there I was, getting ready for bed tonight, and caught a glimpse of my
arms in the bedroom mirror. I could see the muskles moving as I moved my
arm.... And it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't have any idea if I
could do the same with my back. So I grabbed a hand mirror to see what my
back looked like these dayz...

Whoever wrote saying they hate one-arm rows.... rethink your position.
I've been doing them faithfully for several months with dumbbells at home,
increasing weight as I managed to find heavier DBs (which is really
flippin' hard to do in Italy outside of a gym--all they've got are these
wussy little things... or humongous over-priced sets of cheap**** junk),
along with pseudo-lat-pulldowns with one of those resistance bands that I
got at a seminar at work, but at least it was *something*...(I just
Wednesday was finally able to join a gym so I'll be able to do some real
lat pulldowns working my way up to real-live pullups...)

anyways - with just the rows and the wimpy resistance band, there's the
beginning of some muskles back there.... I can *see* them.

WOW! It works! KEWL!!!!!!

I stood in front of the mirror for about a half hour just flexing and
looking at my back and arms from different angles.... giggle Luckily, my
fiancee is off in Sweden....

Anyways - tomorrow is my pull workout day including deadlifts (just added
those back into my schedule recently... so I've been starting out very
light) and I am *SO* psyched. I can't wait to get to the gym so I can work
on my back some more.

And I'm really looking forward to squatting Monday with a real powerrack
for the first time in over a year! Mebbe in a couple of months, I'll feel
as psyched about my lower half as I do about my back. I remember fondly
back when I was squatting regularly, having a butt that didn't sag
(gravity sucks! and doesn't even have the courtesy to swallow and smile
afterwards...)

and then, of course, (well, actually now, then and throughout) it'll be my
abs.... trying to tighten those muscles in the belly area -- the ones
that, if I suck in my gut, actually *do* the sucking part... erm, mebbe I
shouldn't talk too loudly about sucking with Lyle around... ;-)

Anyways, I'll worry more about that in the spring.... Right now, it's
muskle-building and strengthening time... If I put on a little cushion for
the winter, fine, as long as it's not too thick a layer over some good strong
muskles. ;-)

Yippee!

Anna

--
There is a type 3 error in which your mind goes totally blank whenever you
try to remember which is which of type 1 and type 2.
Old September 16th 03, 08:54 PM
Bob Garrison

wrote:

I stood in front of the mirror for about a half hour just flexing and
looking at my back and arms from different angles.... giggle

JPEG's please.

And be sure to include front views.

Old September 16th 03, 10:11 PM
T.R.H.

"Anna Ravenscroft" wrote in message
news
So, there I was, getting ready for bed tonight,

I went visual after this phrase...

[...]

going to have to look up what exactly is a "one armed row" and try it I
guess...

anyways - with just the rows and the wimpy resistance band, there's the
beginning of some muskles back there.... I can *see* them.

WOW! It works! KEWL!!!!!!

I stood in front of the mirror for about a half hour just flexing and
looking at my back and arms from different angles.... giggle Luckily, my
fiancee is off in Sweden....

Talar du svenska? luckily for who?

Anyways - tomorrow is my pull workout day including deadlifts (just added
those back into my schedule recently... so I've been starting out very
light) and I am *SO* psyched. I can't wait to get to the gym so I can work
on my back some more.

And I'm really looking forward to squatting Monday with a real powerrack
for the first time in over a year! Mebbe in a couple of months, I'll feel
as psyched about my lower half as I do about my back. I remember fondly
back when I was squatting regularly, having a butt that didn't sag
(gravity sucks! and doesn't even have the courtesy to swallow and smile
afterwards...)

squatting is good for the butt shape? I'll show this to my wifey and mebbe
that'll convince her that free-weights are the way to go! (she wants a foo
foo machine)

Old September 16th 03, 11:08 PM
Wendy Marsden

Anna Ravenscroft wrote:
Whoever wrote saying they hate one-arm rows.... rethink your position.

I have. I've been doing negatives. One-arm rows are starting to look
better.

Congratulations on the nice back. :-)

Wendy
Old September 17th 03, 12:56 AM
Anna Ravenscroft

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:11:56 +0000, T.R.H. wrote:

going to have to look up what exactly is a "one armed row" and try it I
guess...

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html

Sorry. I think of them as "one-arm rows" cuz I do them one arm at a time,
unlike the bent-over two-arm at a time kind....

Luckily, my fiancee is off in Sweden....

Talar du svenska? luckily for who?

Sorry - don't speak a word of it... Some spanish, russian and working on
my italian. but no svenska. Luckily, meaning - he wasn't there to see me
acting so silly.

squatting is good for the butt shape? I'll show this to my wifey and mebbe
that'll convince her that free-weights are the way to go! (she wants a foo
foo machine)

Ayep! Way better than any machine. Best anti-gravity process I know of...
Short of, well, liposuction, I suppose....

Anna

--
Bottom line: ignore your body, it's most likely doing you harm.

Lyle McDonald, mfw
Old September 17th 03, 12:58 AM
Anna Ravenscroft

wrote:

I stood in front of the mirror for about a half hour just flexing and
looking at my back and arms from different angles.... giggle

JPEG's please.

And be sure to include front views.

Gimme a few months(years?) to make the jpegs worthwhile...

Anna

Old September 17th 03, 02:39 AM
Wendy Marsden

Anna Ravenscroft wrote:
Luckily, my fiancee is off in Sweden....

Luckily, meaning - he wasn't there to see me acting so silly.

Speaking from limited personal experience,
The man in *my* life doesn't mind when I display a new and improved
body. In fact, dancing around posing before bed is *when* I get lucky.

But maybe our definition of "luck" is different.

Wendy
Old September 17th 03, 02:47 AM
David Winters

"Anna Ravenscroft" writes:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:11:56 +0000, T.R.H. wrote:

going to have to look up what exactly is a "one armed row" and try it I
guess...

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html

Sorry. I think of them as "one-arm rows" cuz I do them one arm at a time,
unlike the bent-over two-arm at a time kind....

Luckily, my fiancee is off in Sweden....

Talar du svenska? luckily for who?

Sorry - don't speak a word of it... Some spanish, russian and working on
my italian. but no svenska. Luckily, meaning - he wasn't there to see me
acting so silly.

When he gets back, have him post here. We promise not to point him to this
thread.

No really.

D.

--
"it was bitter, vile and savage, although over ice it had a crispness to it
that tasted like something an alien space-freighter captain might drink."