Reebok TR3 treadmill

Old December 7th 03, 01:52 PM
steve marchant

Default Reebok TR3 treadmill

being searching for a reasonable treadmill under£1000 (UK), and am focusing
on the Reebok TR3 Powerrun machine - not least because of its large track
area, eg. 20inches by 5 feet in their TR3 Powerrun machine. But I can't find
an independent review of it. Treadmilldoctor only reviews the Reebok RX
series, which seem to differ in their specs to the TR series. I live in the
UK and can't get close to a machine to try it out. Can anybody here offer an
opinion?
steve m

Old December 8th 03, 07:35 PM
HomeFitnessHQ

Try asking everyone over at www.treadmillguys.com in the forums- they seem
to know their stuff and could very well answer your questions.

Old December 8th 03, 11:03 PM
KenP

"steve marchant" wrote in message ...
being searching for a reasonable treadmill under£1000 (UK), and am focusing
on the Reebok TR3 Powerrun machine - not least because of its large track
area, eg. 20inches by 5 feet in their TR3 Powerrun machine. But I can't find
an independent review of it. Treadmilldoctor only reviews the Reebok RX
series, which seem to differ in their specs to the TR series. I live in the
UK and can't get close to a machine to try it out. Can anybody here offer an
opinion?
steve m

Steve,

Stay away from the Reebok. It is made by Icon, which is a very low end
quality machine. I would look for a local specialty retailer that
carries either Trimline or Vision. There are alot better built.

Ken
Old December 9th 03, 11:07 PM
steve marchant

"HomeFitnessHQ" wrote in message
Try asking everyone over at www.treadmillguys.com in the forums- they seem
to know their stuff and could very well answer your questions.

Thanks - checking this out.

Old December 9th 03, 11:07 PM
steve marchant

"KenP" wrote in message
om...

Steve,

Stay away from the Reebok. It is made by Icon, which is a very low end
quality machine. I would look for a local specialty retailer that
carries either Trimline or Vision. There are alot better built.

I'm very early in my search for an acceptable machine, Ken. I haven't yet
set hands (or foot) on a 'home-quality' machine, and in view of the
conflicting reports I'm getting online, I really need to do so. Even then
the choice will be difficult because trying out a machine doesn't say
anything about reliability, cost of maintenance, and things that might occur
later in use. I wish the 'expert' reviewers, eg. TreadmillDoctor, would,
instead of simply condemning a machine on grounds of being 'unreliable', or
having 'serious comprises in construction', bother to detail the
shortcomings as they see them, and give us the chance to decide if we regard
them as important as they do. Ah, well.
steve

Old December 9th 03, 11:46 PM
HomeFitnessHQ

I think you'll find that any good sales associate will be able to point out
the differences in construction between one type of treadmill and another.
Ask a salesman to take the motor cover off a machine and let you SEE how the
motor is made.

Drop a medicine ball on the deck while standing on it, see how it handles
the stress.

But most of all- ASK QUESTIONS.

Typically that will bring out the ones who have a better product- they'll
talk to you about product instead of how much money they will save you.