Opinions on Healthrider indoor "bike"

Old July 27th 03, 02:14 PM
Bob Cardone

Default Opinions on Healthrider indoor "bike"

Kate Dicey wrote:

But if you don't enjoy the exercise, you are less likely to do it. For
me the key IS enjoyment. I have an exercise bike I never use because I
don't enjoy it. I enjoy walking, so I get my daily exercise walking.
The bike is an expensive clothes prop.

What I have discovered on this newsgroup is that if you don't have a
one dimensional mind and subscribe to the status quo rules that a few
of the people here are so dogmatic about like

1. Freeweights Only rather than any kid of machine.
2. Only a home Machine that they deem OK
3. Health Clubs only
4 etc...etc....

They will automatically start insulting you and act you don't have a
clue.

As you stated, the actual reality is if you can find a machine or form
of exercise that you like, and that you use on an almost daily
basis, and it gets your heart rate into you target zone, and you look
forward to the workout, you have found the Holy Grail of exercising
for you.

I happen to love the Tony Little Gazelle Elite Machine for an indoor
exercise. I prefer to Inline Skate or bicycle and try to do either
one of those at minimum of at least 5 days a week, 1 1/2 hours a day
+ . There are times, especially in the winter, when this is
impossible, so that is when I get on the Gazelle Elite after work and
watch the news on TV while I get a good hour plus of Cardio Target
Zone exercise. All the EXPERTS on this newsgroup will now chime in
that I don't know what I am talking about, I got ripped off by buying
the machine, yada yada yada , which shows how little their grasp of
what exercise is really about.

Exercise Bike- Had 2 of them, hated them and gave both away.
I love cycling by the way, but not on a machine in my living room.

Treadmill - To me that was a torture device. From the moment I
climbed on it and started it, I was looking at the clock , no matter
how hard I tried not to, waiting for the time I had set to expire. No
fun at all and after awhile I dreaded it. Gave it away also , when I
got the Gazelle Elite.

Nordic Trak. Better than the treadmill, but very confining in body
position. You soon hit your " I am bored " zone, and eventually I sold
it to a friend. He has since sold it.

The next thing the experts talk about is running or walking. I don't
care for the impact of running and would rather skate or cycle for
hours than walk for hours. Also most people I know that walk, don't
come back from and hour walk in a total sweat telling me that they
were in the middle of the Heart Rate Zone for a good percentage of the
walk as I can do any time day or night, on my Gazelle.

The Gazelle Elite was my solution to my indoor exercise needs, and I
couldn't care less what the " experts " on this or any other
newsgroups think.

http://www.fitnessinfomercialreview....styleelite.htm

I posted the above link where people that actually own the machine
comment on what they think of it. The last time I posted it, one of
the resident morons on this newsgroup sifted though each comment and
copied one of the rare ones where the person that had the machine
didn't like it, as PROOF that the machine was no good. He of course
didn't bother to mention that the vast majority of the opinions were
very positive on the Gazelle Elite.

Oh well, I am certain that the resident moron will pop up on this
thread before too long.

Bob