Vertical vs. recumbant exercise bike

Old July 1st 03, 11:57 PM
Shawn

Default Vertical vs. recumbant exercise bike

I have enjoyed my Proform vertical exercise bike, but its 4 programs
aren't adjustable by level. So I want to get a little better bike.

If I really exercise hard on the machine at the gym, I really feel it
in my lower back muscles the next day. Is this a problem, or do I just
need to get in better shape?

If I plan to buy a better bike, should it be recumbant or should I
stick with the vertical? I generally prefer the feel of the vertical
after trying a recumbant at the gym a couple of times.
Old July 10th 03, 07:56 PM
Mike

(Shawn) wrote in message . com...
I have enjoyed my Proform vertical exercise bike, but its 4 programs
aren't adjustable by level. So I want to get a little better bike.

If I really exercise hard on the machine at the gym, I really feel it
in my lower back muscles the next day. Is this a problem, or do I just
need to get in better shape?

If I plan to buy a better bike, should it be recumbant or should I
stick with the vertical? I generally prefer the feel of the vertical
after trying a recumbant at the gym a couple of times.

Shawn:

I know of a site that offers some fantastic discount fitness
equipment, including bikes--the "Cardio Zone" line. This particular
site is fairly new, judging by the hit counter figure, so they are
trying to be REAL competitive. If you contact them, I bet you can
even negotiate even lower prices, or deals on shipping. They have
video demonstrations on the site that try to answer your questions.

Below is the text information from the ad page that heads the site:

Fitness Equipment Blowout Sale!
www.discount-fitness-equipment.com

Save hundreds even thousands on top name brand fitness equipment. All
of our equipment is of top quality and each piece of equipment comes
with a lifetime, factory warranty. Compare our prices to similar
equipment selling for hundreds of dollars more. We carry a full line
of Ellipitcals, Treadmills, Recumbent Bikes, Upright Bikes,
Multi-Gyms, Weight Benches and Rowing Machines.

Happy bike hunting!

Mike