Shrug Question

Old February 13th 04, 04:11 AM
Bruce

Default Shrug Question

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?
Old February 13th 04, 04:19 AM
Lyle McDonald

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Lyle

Old February 13th 04, 10:06 AM
John HUDSON

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:19:58 -0600, Lyle McDonald
wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Old February 13th 04, 01:34 PM
Jim Ranieri

"Bruce" wrote in message
I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

shrug

Old February 13th 04, 01:40 PM
Top Sirloin

wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Evidently it's not a problem for you. :-)

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
Old February 13th 04, 02:12 PM
Sooky Grumper

wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Good benchers = short arms = not fun for deadlifts/shrugs

Old February 13th 04, 05:37 PM
Bob Falooley

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

I see guys doing that all the time in the smith machine. It looks like they
don't get as good a ROM as I can just using dumbells.

--Falooley
Old February 13th 04, 08:11 PM
Jake

wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Good benchers = short arms = not fun for deadlifts/shrugs

This makes sense. I have short arms. When I do barbell shrugs I have
to lean a bit so I don't bruise up my precious willy.

Is this bad for the back at all?

Jake

posting just to use the word "willy"

Old February 15th 04, 02:33 PM
BionicMan113

It seems like that would work the muscles in a slightly different way. Do
whatever is more comfortable for you or do both.

You could also do shrugs with dumbells.

-BionicMan113

Subject: Shrug Question
From: (Bruce)