sudden return of plantar fasciitis

Old August 8th 15, 03:42 PM posted to rec.running
Sam Seagate

Default sudden return of plantar fasciitis

After a couple of years, I have had a sudden onset of plantar fasciitis
in my right foot. The cause is unknown as I have been walking with the
same shoes regularly since December and have dropped quite a few pounds.
The only thing I can think of is that I changed my route this past
week to include gentle inclines. Anyway, aside from returning to my
normal route, what can I do to stop the pain and maintaining walking? I
DO have a spare pair of "superfeet" insets that I tried out this
morning. The pain was gone, but this started to create heel blisters on
the affected foot, plus the inserts tend to unbalance my feet to that
most of my weight is on the outer edges of the shoe.

Appreciate any suggestions and thanks in advance.

Sam
Old September 4th 15, 11:43 AM posted to rec.running
Sam Seagate

Well, it's been nearly a month since the onset of the fasciitis. I
still haven't tried extended walking as an activity because I still feel
a touch of pain, sometimes with just normal walking and sometimes during
or just after I've lifted something heavy. I initially tried the
stretches suggested here, but I found that, aside from the pulling the
toes back stretch, that the one you do on a step just aggravated the
pain so I stopped it for now. I guess the good news in all of this was
that I still managed to lose the weight I needed to, basically through
diet alone, and in fact my weight is now about 3 lbs less than my
initial goal, so quite satisfied there. I do have two questions though:

1) Would the fasciitis take this long or longer to heal completely?

2) Someone had mentioned a possible bone fracture in addition to or
instead of the fasciitis. Since it's taking longer to completely heal
than I suspected, is the fracture a possibility?

Sam

Plantar Fasciitis Birm Running 7 July 4th 11 01:16 AM
Plantar Fasciitis Roy Running 3 May 17th 07 02:35 AM
Plantar Fasciitis samson Running 1 May 7th 07 04:42 PM
Plantar Fasciitis [email protected] Running 4 December 3rd 05 05:42 AM
plantar fasciitis john goldfine Walking in the UK 11 December 7th 03 09:12 AM