Dog question: how cold is too cold?

Old December 8th 05, 02:14 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Default Dog question: how cold is too cold?

We walk 1.2 miles to school every morning, regardless of the weather.
(I figure it's bad for my old car's engine to go that short a distance
and good for MY old engine if I do.) I turn around and do it again a
few hours later on most days, too, to pick up the six year old.

Today it was wicked cold. The kids warm-up by extensive grumbling and
then put on another layer. One "kid" is always raring to go, though, my
Labrador Retriever, Ela.

As we were walking home and my gloves weren't being quite warm enough
and I'm wishing I had worn long johns, the thought crossed my mind: how
cold is too cold for Ela? It was about 20 degrees this morning, maybe a
tad colder, and she seemed fine and happy, but it's going to get colder
before it gets warmer again. Is there a temperature that I should
consider leaving her home for? (She is going to HATE that.)

I'll need some convincing if I'm going to have to go buy gay dog
sweaters or booties. Ugggh.

Dally
Old December 8th 05, 02:26 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Dally" wrote in message
[...]

If Fido is cold, he would indicate that by shivering

Old December 8th 05, 04:57 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:14:20 -0500, Dally wrote:

[...]

20 degrees is "wicked cold'? You all need to man the **** up. Google
"Iditarod"
Old December 8th 05, 05:08 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

Slambram wrote:

20 degrees is "wicked cold'? You all need to man the **** up.

None of the people in question are men.

All the men drive.

HTH.

Dally
Old December 8th 05, 05:30 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:43:30 -0500, A Ross
wrote:

y labs love the snow and cold--chasing one another, rolling in the
snow, digging under the snow for field mice (yum)... The thing to watch
for, in Ela's case, would be road and sidewalk salt accumulating on her
paws. Just be sure to give 'em a wipe down when she comes inside.

You hump her too, dontcha?

/ ~ \
|\__/
| |
| . |
| `.` |
__| `` | `.` |/~~\
/ | | | `` |/~~\
\ ` . . | |
\ . . ` /
\ . . /
\ . /
| . |
| |
| |
Old December 8th 05, 05:30 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:08:37 -0500, Dally wrote:

All the men drive.

HTH.

Dally

Except her.

/ ~ \
|\__/
| |
| . |
| `.` |
__| `` | `.` |/~~\
/ | | | `` |/~~\
\ ` . . | |
\ . . ` /
\ . . /
\ . /
| . |
| |
| |
Old December 8th 05, 05:44 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Dally" wrote in message
[...]

My lab Lucy is good to about 0. Much below that and she starts to do the
lifting alternate paws thing like some kind of desert lizard.

Old December 8th 05, 06:34 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Dally" wrote

I'll need some convincing if I'm going to have to go buy gay dog sweaters
or booties. Ugggh.

This shouldn't be a problem as long as you get the latest LIBERAL sweaters
and booties.

silly grin

Old December 8th 05, 06:44 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:08:37 -0500, Dally wrote:

All the men drive.

Nice one.
Old December 8th 05, 06:58 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Slambram" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:08:37 -0500, Dally wrote:

All the men drive.

Nice one.

She's a feminist. Can you tell?