How often should i do pushups and squats?

Old November 20th 08, 04:34 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.aerobic
Steve Freides

Default How often should i do pushups and squats?

wrote in message

Hello. How often should I do pushups and squats? I'm a thin guy; I
don't intend to lose weight. I don't want to use equipment, I need
calisthenic exercises I can do anywhere. I want to do them to ward
against stiffness, and also to keep a toned body without getting
bulked up. Should I do them: twice a day, once a day, every other
day?

I also intend to the do bicycle crunches. How often should I do
these?

Thanks.

You need to find what works for you with a given set of exercises but if
you don't change it, it won't work forever so you need to be prepared to
understand the principles and adjust as needed. There is no single
"right" training schedule for bodyweight or any other kind of exercises.

Generally speaking, doing something relatively brief but relatively
intense every day is a good way to improve strength (and likely residual
muscle tone as well) without bulking up. Bulking up is actually pretty
hard to do, anyway.

Pushups and squats can be tweaked to become effective strength training
by moving towards one-armed pushups and one-legged squats. I practice
both and think they're great, and at 153 lbs., no one has yet accused me
of bulking up. The book which provided and provides my guidance on
these two exercises is Pavel Tsatsouline's, "Naked Warrior", link he
http://www.kbnj.com/nw.htm

If you choose to do them in their original versions, I'd be sure to do
lots of them. You might also want to Google on hindu squats and hindu
pushups - they are yet another wrinkle on the same subject and a lot of
people like them for high reps.

Last but not least, don't forget pullups - they're another great
bodyweight exercise. As but one example, here's my workout from
yesterday:

Pullups @ bodyweight + 20 lb. dumbbell held between my feet: 8 reps x 1
set
One-legged squat (pistol) @ bodyweight: 4 reps left, 4 reps right x 1
set
Chinup @ bodyweight + 20 lb. dumbbell held between my feet: 8 reps x 1
set

I did 10 minutes of joint health movements, mostly qigong, to warmup,
and that's all I did - was a simple workout that left me feeling like I
had worked everything pretty hard. The whole thing took less than 20
minutes to complete, including the warmup. One could easily do the
pullups bodyweight only or substitute a harder version, e.g., pullups
holding onto a towel draped over the bar, and a doorway ledge or a tree
branch will suffice instead of a pullup bar.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Old October 22nd 12, 10:28 AM
fredbenny12 fredbenny12 is offline
Junior Member

For a perfect health, pushups are very useful. This exercise technique is worth useful for good result and makes your health perfect and strong for the lifetime.
__________________
Australia Escort Agencies
Old April 6th 13, 07:27 PM
Gabriel Gabriel is offline
Banned

Push ups, pull ups, sits ups, and squats etc. make the combination of a perfect workout which play an important role to improve the body fitness, body strength, and stamina.
My daily workout contain the combination of these workouts. I do 25 push ups, 25 pullups, 25 sits ups, and 25 squats in my daily workout routine.

Last edited by Gabriel : April 8th 13 at 05:04 PM.
Old April 8th 13, 01:05 PM
Stephanie Ingram Stephanie Ingram is offline
Junior Member

It would depend on your objective, age, gender, hurt threshold, diet, if you slept well or not...and this and that...and the age of the boss.
Old June 18th 13, 03:01 PM
Jolia Jolia is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Ingram View Post
It would depend on your objective, age, gender, hurt threshold, diet, if you slept well or not...and this and that...and the age of the boss.
I am agree with you. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I also think that It's depend on your abilities. So always try to improve your abilities first.Facials
__________________
Bloom Beauty Boutique
33 Hollywell Road Biggera Waters QLD 4216 Australia
Phone : +61 7 5563 9900
bloombeautyboutique.com.au
Bloom Beauty Boutique where you can evolve and bloom with confidence. Our expert team of therapists will provide you with a professional experience leaving you feeling nourished and pampered.

Last edited by Jolia : November 28th 13 at 03:49 AM.
Old December 27th 13, 12:41 AM
coucouza coucouza is offline
Banned

3 days of exercise and 4 days of reset each week