Woollen trousers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 18th 17, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Maclaren[_4_]

Default Woollen trousers

I want some woollen trousers, not actually for walking, but for
something similar. The trouble is that (for practical reasons)
I need them washable - inter alia, non-washable trousers are not
suitable for outdoor activities, because they will get soaked and
mud will be embedded in them.

My problem is that all the ones I can find are either designed for
city slickers ot the 'untin', shootin' and fishin' brigade. Not
merely are most of them ridiculously expensive, they are generally
too flimsy or too heavy, lined and often unsuitable weaves. I need
something that is hard-woven, but breathable and about as heavy as
traditional heavy suiting. The H, S and F ones are designed for
standing about, which is not what I shall be doing.

I want them for being active, when sleeping out, so wool is critical
and lining is NOT helpful. They WILL get wet and they WILL stay wet,
because I can't generate enough body heat when not exercising to dry
them.

Any ideas for suppliers?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Waterproof Trousers Snp Walking in the UK 8 October 29th 05 08:48 PM
Trousers John Smith Walking in the UK 30 August 12th 05 07:12 PM
Trousers John Smith Walking in the UK 2 August 10th 05 08:53 PM
Zip-Off Trousers MP Walking in the UK 8 July 17th 05 05:56 PM
Trousers Francesca Walking in the UK 13 January 9th 04 07:11 AM