Meeting friends from rec.running

Old October 25th 15, 07:35 AM posted to rec.running
Bart Mathias

Default Meeting friends from rec.running

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:41:25 -0700 (PDT)
Ed Prochak wrote:

Subtitle: A run around Diamond Head

Recently I took a vacation to Hawaii. While in Honolulu, I met up with Bart and we went for a little "fun run".

Well after enjoying the sights and taking some pictures, we headed back down. I needed to get back to the hotel before checkout time. So we took what we thought would be the shorter route back which took use to Diamond Head Road on the coast side. Going down was faster of course, but the coastal road was mainly flat, I I have to admit, I was slowing Bart down. You are a running monster Bart.

I should have realized we had only run maybe a mile and a half of the 4 mile loop around Le`ahi AKA Kaimana Hila AKA Diamond Head when we headed in to the crater, but my brain seems to be getting old.

Back to the car and back to the hotel in time for a shower before checkout.

running time: 2 hour 23 minutes (including stops for pictures and site seeing)
Distance: 12.1 km (~7.5 mile)

It was a great workout. I will always be grateful to you Bart for that run. It was my longest run in quite a while and I enjoyed it, even though it left me exhausted.

But then that is the way I want to feel after a run. Happy and exhausted.

Thanks again Bart.

You're absolutely welcome, Ed. It was a delight to meet and run with you. That was my longest run in quite a while as well, and it quite amazed me. I usually jog about 50 steps then have to walk a dozen or so, then repeat for maybe an hour and a half on Sunday. I guess it helps to have someone to run with.

--
Bart Mathias
Old November 16th 15, 03:26 AM posted to rec.running
Bart Mathias

Ed Prochak wrote:

Subtitle: A run around Diamond Head

One regret, because we were so rushed to get me back to the hotel, I did not get a picture of both of us together!

Guess, I may have to plan another trip there.
ed

Yes, that was a shame, Ed. Worse yet, and I've been kicking myself for not thinking of it, I should have got pictures of you at the top of Diamond Head with Kapi`olani Park, Honolulu, etc., in the background.

I'm afraid I am one of those guys who can't be old and think at the same time. :-(
--
Bart Mathias

KKK meeting postponed. Alrick Running 0 December 11th 07 08:24 PM
last county meeting here. Tom Wheeler Running 4 April 25th 05 03:26 PM
I Love Meeting Old Friends Bruce Weights 1 January 16th 04 05:02 AM
Meeting goals fast? susan Weights 8 November 9th 03 04:25 PM
Meeting Mr. O tomorrow Granola Bar Weights 2 October 18th 03 06:39 AM