Any good exercises to prevent injuries?

Old November 11th 03, 06:08 AM
Nordo

Default Any good exercises to prevent injuries?

I've been jogging for about a month now and suddenly my knees are bothering
me. I bought some new, fancy shoes, but the slight, nagging knee pains
still persists while I'm running. Also, my new shoes seem to be aggrivating
my supposedly healed ankle injury from several months ago. Are there any
specific exercises I should be doing to reduce my knee/ankle pain and the
chances of other damage (other than stretches, or course)? I really enjoy
jogging and I'd hate to have to quit so soon by hurting my joints.

Thanks,
-Dan

Old November 11th 03, 04:04 PM
Bill

"Nordo" wrote in message
I've been jogging for about a month now and suddenly my knees are

bothering
me. I bought some new, fancy shoes, but the slight, nagging knee pains
still persists while I'm running. Also, my new shoes seem to be

aggrivating
my supposedly healed ankle injury from several months ago. Are there any
specific exercises I should be doing to reduce my knee/ankle pain and the
chances of other damage (other than stretches, or course)? I really enjoy
jogging and I'd hate to have to quit so soon by hurting my joints.

Thanks,
-Dan

Strengthen quadriceps, w. short-arc, one-legged squats, stepdowns, short-arc
leg extensions and isometrics.
For ankle, use a wobble board, or, practice the tree pose from hatha yoga.
Roll or massage all the leg muscles.
Run on natural, unpaved surfaces.
Learn to run quietly, and with little bounce.
Do not overstride.
Warm up for running by cycling, stepping, climbing, walking, slow running,
rowing, ....
Learn to stretch all muscles gently, especially hamstrings. Stretching,
without knowledge of how, often causes injury, however.

All of these have been covered exhaustively in rec dot discussions.
Go to rwforums.com to avoid trolls and select the injury forum.

Old July 13th 16, 05:50 AM
hannamarin hannamarin is offline
Junior Member

thanks for these exircises for injuries preventing! I advise everyone http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/how-t...nning-injuries for getting more information about how to escape from climbing and running injuries!
Old August 31st 16, 09:11 AM
Scott Shaw Scott Shaw is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordo View Post
I've been jogging for about a month now and suddenly my knees are bothering
me. I bought some new, fancy shoes, but the slight, nagging knee pains
still persists while I'm running. Also, my new shoes seem to be aggrivating
my supposedly healed ankle injury from several months ago. Are there any
specific exercises I should be doing to reduce my knee/ankle pain and the
chances of other damage (other than stretches, or course)? I really enjoy
jogging and I'd hate to have to quit so soon by hurting my joints.

Thanks,
-Dan
You must warming up every time before main exercises, it should prevent different inquires and one more thing about shoes - it must be amortizing, I recommend NIKE AIR ZOOM VOMERO, bought it for myself - I`m happy)
I use to work here UK Top Writers

Last edited by Scott Shaw : September 1st 16 at 08:16 AM.