Starting out exercise programme & Creatine

Old June 8th 05, 10:52 AM
[email protected]

Default Starting out exercise programme & Creatine

Hi,

I am 25, 6' and 194lb/88kg. About a month ago I started a workout
programme with a view to losing about 10-15 lb of fat and gaining
muscle mass, just to look fit and a bit muscular, not like the Hulk or
anything. I've also restricted my diet to around 1500 kcals per day.
Because of work/life constraints, I can only work out 4 days,
Mon-Thurs, with Fri, Sat and Sun little or no proper exercise. Around
the weekend, my diet would be less restricted also, though I try to
remain careful enough about what I eat. I only have 1.5 hours each day
to work out, so it usually consists of a combination of cardio work (25
min cycle, 15 mins cross-trainer, 15 mins row) with some machine
presses, for arms, chest and shoulders.

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be of benefit to me to start taking
Creatine to increase my muscle mass.

Will I be able to take creatine and still decrease my body fat?
Should I take Creatine only on the days I work out, given that I do so
4 days in a row?
Can I continue the amount of cardio work I do (which is better for
burning fat) or will I se the benefits of taking creatine by continuing
my current workout programme?
Once you reach a level of fitness with thich you are happy, do you need
to keep taking Creatine to maintain this level, or can you return to
just normal workout without taking supplement?
Should I wait until I lose my weight first before starting to take
Creatine?

Thanks,

Paul

Old June 9th 05, 03:47 PM
gibsonguitars

come on lads, surely one of you has some good advice for me?!

Old June 9th 05, 05:15 PM
David Cohen

"gibsonguitars" wrote
come on lads, surely one of you has some good advice for me?!

You may be suffering the effects of the gmail wannabe troll. Many have
killfiled all gmail posts to avoid his boring attempts at trolling.

Creatine. A few grams a day. No cycling. No special way of taking it. Just
get it in. It will help muscle gain A LITTLE. Very little. But it's cheap,
so, why not? It also has some general health promotion benefits (
www.lef.org search on creatine if interested).

Old June 9th 05, 10:22 PM
Larry Hodges

David Cohen wrote:
"gibsonguitars" wrote
come on lads, surely one of you has some good advice for me?!

You may be suffering the effects of the gmail wannabe troll. Many have
killfiled all gmail posts to avoid his boring attempts at trolling.

Creatine. A few grams a day. No cycling. No special way of taking it.
Just get it in. It will help muscle gain A LITTLE. Very little. But
it's cheap, so, why not? It also has some general health promotion
benefits ( www.lef.org search on creatine if interested).

David

It'll be nice when he enters high school. Maybe he'll find other activities
to keep himself occupied until he can be arrested and tried as an adult.
--
-Larry

Old June 16th 05, 05:08 PM
Andrzej Rosa

Dnia 2005-06-08 napisał(a):
Hi,

I am 25, 6' and 194lb/88kg. About a month ago I started a workout
programme with a view to losing about 10-15 lb of fat and gaining
muscle mass, just to look fit and a bit muscular, not like the Hulk or
anything.

No worries .

I've also restricted my diet to around 1500 kcals per day.
Because of work/life constraints, I can only work out 4 days,
Mon-Thurs, with Fri, Sat and Sun little or no proper exercise.

In this case I'd concentrate on weights and diet. Small amounts of
cardio, well, maybe they are wonderful, who knows? But even quite
infrequent weights training surely helps.

So I'd do weights. Full body workouts consisted mostly of supersets of
exercises targeting antagonist muscles. Little rest between sets.
And I'd succeed.

Around
the weekend, my diet would be less restricted also, though I try to
remain careful enough about what I eat. I only have 1.5 hours each day
to work out,

A plenty. *Hard* weights training is able to demolish you totally in
less than an hour.

so it usually consists of a combination of cardio work (25
min cycle, 15 mins cross-trainer, 15 mins row) with some machine
presses, for arms, chest and shoulders.

I'd do weights first. I'd do them hard and fast, with little rest
between sets. Then I'd try to jog for the rest of my time and I'd fail
doing that (I know myself, but you are probably different .

BTW - do some rowing and pullups to balance your pressing motions. It
helps with staying injury free and gives nicer look.

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be of benefit to me to start taking
Creatine to increase my muscle mass.

If you like eating powders for incremental gains then go for it. If you
do not like powders then try eating more red meat.

Creatine was a fasion of sorts, but it seems to really work for some
people. Just do not expect miracles.

Good workouts and diet will give you what you want. Most over the
counter supplements will not.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R
Old June 17th 05, 08:23 AM
gibsonguitars

Cheers, thanks for the advice, will keep it in mind when I start back
to workout routine next week.

creatine??/`` Chris Weights 55 March 11th 05 05:14 PM
creatine cycling and the downregulation of creatine transporter Matti Kolu Weights 2 November 15th 03 09:26 AM
Swim Speed and Menstrual Cycle MSEagan Swimming 16 November 5th 03 01:42 AM
Creatine, What's in yours?, you will be amazed!! dave welton General 0 September 9th 03 08:14 PM
Creatine article about brainpower -=Wulf=- Weights 5 August 17th 03 01:22 PM