Driver who ran down jogger gets 50 years

Old April 17th 04, 07:46 PM
Bob Beckert

Default Driver who ran down jogger gets 50 years

I remember reading about this a few months ago and wondered at that time if
this guy would get the justice he deserves. I guess justice has been served
to some degree but it's hard to imagine what the victim is going through.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/new...ws/228971.html

Old April 18th 04, 12:13 AM
KingsXman

"Bob Beckert" wrote in message ...
I remember reading about this a few months ago and wondered at that time if
this guy would get the justice he deserves. I guess justice has been served
to some degree but it's hard to imagine what the victim is going through.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/new...ws/228971.html

It's too bad that torture wasn't one of the possible punishments.

~Matty B~
Old April 18th 04, 12:57 AM
eddy eagle

"Bob Beckert" wrote in message ...
I remember reading about this a few months ago and wondered at that time if
this guy would get the justice he deserves. I guess justice has been served
to some degree but it's hard to imagine what the victim is going through.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/new...ws/228971.html

The sentence is eyewash. It looks good now and until most people
forget about it. Eventually, the sentence will be overturned or
shortened and he'll be out in a few short years. That's the history of
these things. We had a case here in Michigan where Leonard Tyborski (I
believe) cut his wife up and put her in the freezer. I think his kid
or friend discovered it one day. I thought he would do a century too.
Now that we have the offender tracking system I checked and he's been
out of the system already for years after serving just a few. He could
be in your neighborhood.
Old April 18th 04, 01:36 AM
Bethowmuch

There is no such thing as justice in the federal justice system. Trust me, all
they worry about is show, how it looks. The federal law enforcement people use
their authority to get their own brats out of legal scrapes and their records
wiped clean, they turn loose people like the guy mentioned in the previous post
who hacked up his wife, and they go after people like Martha Stewart, yeah
right, she's really dangerous. And Michael Jackson, he's another threat to
society, anyone with a brain would never let their kid spend the night at MJ.s
house. And now poor Janet Jackson, she shows a little boob and the feds want
to spend millions checking it out, bull****, I didn't think her boob looked
that damn great anyway. The only way this country will ever see justice again
is if the mob takes over and you get mob bosses running the country, they'll
give you justice. The federal judges you have now give you a dog and pony show
while they steal you blind. And how did they get their job, well if you dig a
little you'll find in some instances their spouse or rich parents gave huge
campaign contributions to a sitting president, now that's a helluva
qualification to become a federal judge.
Old April 18th 04, 02:01 AM
Roger 2k

"Bethowmuch" wrote in message
[...]

Agreed, but I would like to see some URLs that say the above, so I can use
them elsewhere. Thanks.

Next race 5k, I hope.

Old April 18th 04, 07:19 AM
Miss Anne Thrope

It was a jogger. Since when can't we run them down? Are we going to
throw drivers in prison for running over stray dogs now too? And I
can't help but wonder what that jogger said to provoke such an attack.
Generally, folks don't get run over, and then re-run over........... for
no reason.

Old April 18th 04, 08:46 AM

"Bob Beckert" wrote in message ...
I remember reading about this a few months ago and wondered at that time if
this guy would get the justice he deserves. I guess justice has been served
to some degree but it's hard to imagine what the victim is going through.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/new...ws/228971.html

Let me analyze this, Dufus runs down Geek. Seems like a win/win situation to me...
Old April 18th 04, 04:52 PM
TomJ

The Martha Stewart trial was joke, but I believe that all child molesters
should be locked up and the key thrown away. Yet it seems as if most of the
worst cases we hear about are committed by previous offenders. If Michael
Jackson is guilty, he is most definately a threat to society. Child
molesters prey on innocent children, and they almost never ask for the
parents permission.

Old April 19th 04, 12:39 AM
Sam

The case reported here is NOT a federal case; it is a state matter. I guess
you just needed an excuse to rant.

MJ is not a federal case either.

BTW, the sentencing guidelines for federal crimes are stringent without much
the judge can do

I am sure the mob would put forth justice. Please.

How about naming one federal judge that got his/her appointment in the
manner you describe; that applies more to ambassadors, especially to
Caribbean countries.
[...]

Life after 30 years of painting! Tom Wheeler Running 4 March 10th 04 01:59 PM
Help! 800cal/day = good diet or ED? "Eat less, do more" not working? VLCD trap? vlcd_hell Weights 126 February 7th 04 12:21 AM
DC Training (long) T-REx Weights 24 November 15th 03 02:19 AM
Vicodin Abusing No-Integrity Hypocrite ATP Weights 103 October 9th 03 05:51 PM
Meeting the criteria for Officer training Eastward Bound Weights 21 September 3rd 03 11:25 PM