A School for Sprinters

Old December 16th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.swimming
Pat[_2_]

Default A School for Sprinters

http://www.star-telegram.com/college...ry/359937.html

Scott McCracken plans to open a swim training school after graduation:

"What do you plan to do with your finance degree? I plan on starting my own
business in a year or two. Me and a guy I train with back home, John Berry,
want to start a sprint school for swimmers because we don't think people
know how to teach that correctly. We're the most die-hard sprinting people
anyone's ever met.

How will your school be different? Most coaches think practicing is such a
big deal. They believe more water time means you'll go faster. Actually, you
need more power, like you get in weightlifting. We're more weights-based and
technique-based and technique-based.

How do you plan on attracting some interest? Well, the faster I swim, the
more I can show people how our ideas work. We have a completely different
way of looking at training than everybody else, so hopefully we can make
some money out of it."

It sounds interesting, except for the "me and a guy" sentence. I used to
have to drill it into my sons that sentences do not start with the word
"me." Oh well, maybe he'll learn that prior to graduation....